I lost my spending password and phrase seed

you can find the BIP39 list here … cheers

1 Like

sorry to bother you again… does the order of words count when I will input them?

Yes, the order is important.

2 Likes

Here Am I screwed? - #50 by isferos someone wrote a script to bruteforce the 15th word. If you know coding you can probably adapt this to also try other words if it is not the 15th.

Edit: I just saw that the script is for the old 12 word seeds. Probably needs some more tweaking for the 15 word phrase.

1 Like

Thanks for the script! This day is getting weirder… with a stroke of luck I found the missing word by manually inserting on the last slot the words starting with ‘a’ :)… however my wallet is empty… I need some time to figure out why… I have for sure some MIN and few ADA

Then it was not your missing word. A lot of words lead to valid passphrases that all open different wallets.

A modified version of the script would give you all of them, so that you can try them.

Ok I guess you’re right. I’ll let you know! Cheers

You can still recover it sir

1 Like

I have reimplemented @isferos’ idea in Python 3 for a flexible length seed length (12, 15, 18, 21, or 24 words):

It is called with the words that you know as command line arguments and _ as placeholder for words you do not remember.

If the last word of a 15 word Yoroi seed phrase is missing, it will give you exactly 64 possibilities (the last word encodes 11 bits, of which 5 bits are checksum, so 6 bits are part of the entropy and 2^6=64). For missing words in other places, the order of magnitude is similar.

If two words are missing, we are in the range of 131 072 possibilities (exactly this value if one of the missing words is the last one containing the checksum). So, this becomes quite infeasible to check.

4 Likes

hello HeptaSean,

Can you explain me please, how can i use this code to find the missing word?

THANKS

Do the more detailed instructions in

perhaps help?

1 Like

Mann! @HeptaSean
I just wanna THANK you for you help i really appreciate it!!!
After a few days and 133 different options to tray… I found the missing word!

4 Likes

Just in case, you stumble over this thread on search for a solution for missing words from a seed phrase:

I have written a far better usable script and presented it here:

1 Like