In memory and continuation of Vasil Dabov’s life and work

Vasil Stoyanov Dabov

An Artist, Ginkgologist, BC Advisor, Haskell Practitioner, Holonist: “The Sage Who Has Been Planting (Thousands of) Ginkgo trees”

Who is Vasil St. Dabov?

Vasil was a grandfather, father, brother, a pioneer, an entrepreneur in various fields, and an inspiration for many across the world. His passion for spreading Ginkgo Biloba, blockchain technology, and sagely wisdom was unparalleled. He has single-handedly planted more than 10,000 trees, predominantly Ginkgo Biloba, but also Metasequoia, and other endangered species. When asked why he stopped counting exactly how many trees he planted, he responded

After I had planted a few thousand trees, I realized that instead of spending time counting how many trees I had planted, I could use the same time to plant more trees.

Vasil passed away in his apartment in Plovdiv, Bulgaria on December 3, 2021 after a long combat with pulmonary embolism.

Vasil’s Message

Vasil’s vision weaves together the evolution of human consciousness, the future of technology, and the health of our living planet. A self-professed urban shaman, he practiced a life of deep dedication to presence, knowledge and connection to the natural world. Scroll down to peruse a growing library of the many interwoven threads of his message, practice and research.

• To read quotes from Vasil and view a list of books he recommended click here.
  • To learn more about Vasil’s involvement with Ginkgo Biloba trees and other biodiversity projects click here.
  • To see photos from Vasil’s life and tree planting activities click here.

VASIL HARD FORK

What will the Vasil Hard Fork bring?

In combination with parameter adjustments, these features will enhance Cardano’s throughput and optimize the system to accommodate an increasing range of decentralized finance (DeFi) apps, smart contracts, and DEXs.

https://iohk.io/en/blog/posts/2022/09/16/vasil-what-to-expect/

Why is the hard fork named after Vasil Stoyanov Dabov?

This video explains it best…

Trees Vasil planted in public areas.

[…] Just like delegators help verify network transactions through staking, anyone can help tend the trees that Vasil planted. This map lists Vasil’s trees in publicly accessible spaces in Bulgaria - for those who wish to visit them.

The map includes Ginkgo Biloba , Metasequoia Sempervirens & Sequoia trees in Plovdiv & Sofia. This watering season is almost over [Sep 22, 2022], but if you’ll be in Bulgaria next summer, stay tuned for interactive ways to use this map to help care for Vasil’s trees and pay homage to his legacy.

Source: www.vasilstdabov.org | @VStDabov | Photo gallery

1 Like

An initiative of the Quanterall group from the Bulgarian Community of Cardano - Sep 22, 2022
[Pictures courtesy of @6LeBlanc6]

Panoramic view of a majestic Ginkgo tree, one of the species that Vasil St. Davod liked to plant.

1 Like