Inconsistent reward withdrawal in Yoroi and Daedalus

Hi,
the way rewards withdrawals are handled in Yoroi and Daedalus seem to be inconsistent:

• In Yoroi, I can withdraw the rewards by paying a transaction fee, although the rewards remain in the same wallet. If I transfer any funds to another wallet, I have to withdraw the rewards beforehand to my own wallet (sic) - otherwise I don’t have access to them.
  • In Daedalus, I was able to withdraw the full wallet value including the rewards to another wallet - by paying only one transaction fee.
  • Besides: very unclear on which addresses my rewards are accounted for as this is not visible in any of those two wallets.

While in Yoroi, I can undelegate my wallet to retrieve by 2 ADA deposit, this is not possible in Daedalus (yet).

It is not clear to me why the functionalities linked to processes which seem to be part of the blockchain implementation - are not identical in two different wallet implementations.

Generally, I find that upcoming features and timeline for the wallet releases are not transparent at all. I wonder where this information is hidden … nothing to be found neither on Yoroi or Daedalus websites.

Any enlightening information/comments on this ?

Cheers.

1 Like

Keep in mind, the protocol provides the followings:

1. Reward address is an account style address and not an utxo style.
  2. At the moment a valid tx requires at least one UtXO as input, therefore fees.
  3. Atm, any valid payment address can be turned to an utxo.
  4. Reward claim tx needs an utxo as input and a payment address as output.

But, it depends on the wallet implementation what address is used for the target address (that became an UtxO) of the reward claim. So, there is no such thing like protocol inconsistency, but different implementation of what the protocol provides. For example, Yoroi allows only the wallet’s address as target, while Daedalus allows an other wallet’s address. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

OK, many thanks for the clarification. Looking at Cardano Explorer did help as well :slight_smile:

So it matches with my initial remark that there is a difference in implementation between Yoroi and Daedalus. In Daedalus a transaction can include at the same time the withdrawal of the rewards (for one tx fee), while in Yoroi this has to be done via a separate transaction. So on Yoroi I pay double for the same outcome. That’s what I would call an inconsistency between wallet implementation. I guess Yoroi should offer to include reward transfers when doing a transaction.
Undelegating in Daedalus will certainly appear at some point, I guess.

Cheers !

1 Like

Others might call it diversity of choice… :grinning:

2 Likes

Before I withdrew rewards in Yori it showed that the total amount was staked. I needed to withdraw the reward to the wallet because it is not counted for the catalyst voting.
But after I withdrew the reward the total staked amount drooped to my staked amount before reward.
Where did my rewards go?

You said that you withdrew the reward, so the went to the address where you have withdrawn them, and if it is not the same wallet then that is why the staked account balance is less.

So, why do you expect the balance to be the same when you take out of money from that wallet?
If you withdrawn to the same wallet (to a base address) then here must be some glitch in Yoroi showing the correct stake balance.

Neither I did issue a new withdrawal address nor there was a request.
I assumed it is sending to the same staking address.
Yoroi normally shows the original staked amount, the reward and the total staked amount (intial+reward).
When I withdraw the reward the total amount dropped to the original staked amount and the reward becomes zero.

This post helped me lots :slight_smile: - I normally use Daedalus, and I have been confused that the transactions don’t include the rewards. It seems wrong because the balance doesn’t match the transactions, and of course it is difficult to check the percentage reward. I have created myself a spreadsheet with the date and current reward balance to calculate the current monthly rate - etc etc.

Its just for fun - but it illustrates the fact that the information is hard to get in daedalus. I was surprised by Yoroi, and I had to think about it. I would like to see the transactions, but its not needed, and it costs a bit of ADA to withdraw.

Either way, the comments here gave me a full understanding of what is going on. For now I am leaving them alone, and using my spreadsheet. I expect better visibility will appear in a future release? Should I make a suggestion somewhere?

1 Like

I also would like to see my rewards itemized in the Daedalus Wallet. Rather than requiring me to export to a CSV file to view them.

EDIT: I also think that staking rewards should count towards your voting power without requiring a withdrawal.

I have a similar issue. I withdrew the rewards and chose to remain delegated however, after I withdrew, neither my total ADA nor my Delegate ADA increased and yet in the transaction I see the rewards went to the pool that I am delegated to. If I undelegate, will my balances then reflect properly?

Dean

It should never ever happen. Can you paste the relevant transaction id here?

Here’s the transaction hash:

01dad6472d05a3a420e511e3523bed1a32c77c04cfe62e82c8bd81d9431a5d29134c276bf81cdc51abfe4eb2c9df26760aa471f63b08b7779d

It’s truly baffling…I’ve been i crypto a while and am accustomed to looking at transaction flow but I cannot make heads or tails out of this one. The address ending 9ye2 is the address where I sent my ADA from two different exchanges yet not all of it appears in one address.

This is not a transaction id, it is an address, probably yours where you withdrawn the 5.69 reward to.
But, I would not withdraw as it can be participate in the staking anyway. So, why pay ~0.18 fee for an 5.69 reward? I would wait for months to reach some amount before withdraw.

So, I cannot see any issue, might be Yoroi had some temporary glitch, but the chain is chain and what is there is there and not in your any wallet but on the chain.

https://explorer.cardano.org/en/transaction?id=b0c3460610ed23466198e6c6feab63cbd49e016cac5503be9a01958f025a1b28

As both addresses belong to you the
addr1q8ddv3edqk36gg89z834ywldrgevwlqyelnzaqkghkqajsc6t553xnp8d0upehz340lyavkfmun8vz4yw8mrkz9hw7wst04e5k and the
addr1qy4uva6n22fg2w6s4tj78erp2awau0xgyr9mew924enegug6t553xnp8d0upehz340lyavkfmun8vz4yw8mrkz9hw7wscl9ye2

Probably, you a bit confused how internal and external addresses work what Yoroi probably automatically generates when you withdraw your rewards.

I sincerely appreciate your response…so why would my wallet not show any additional ADA…it’s still the same as it was and neither the Total nor the Delegated has changed in Yoroi.

I guess what confuses me is that I saw that after the rewards posted that I saw no change in my Total ADA or Delegated and I still, even looking at the fact that I can see the address in the block explorer where the withdrawal went, I have no idea where I access that address or how I can see my actual ADA balance in the Yoroi wallet. I guess this is just a learning experience from usually dealing with ERC20 tokens as to how to integrate everything. One other quick question…why when I sent ADA from two different exchanges to the same Yoroi address did it keep those transaction separate to a different address? Thanks again so much for your help!

Dean Tucker

My wallet is controlled by my Trezor so I’m not sure what it means my “any wallet”.