Increasing pledge. Are pledge wallet rewards included in total pledge calculation?

I sent some more ADA to my pledge wallet and I want to resubmit my registration to increase my pledge amount. Are the pledge wallet rewards included in the calculation by Cardano to verify my pledge is met or do I have to claim them to the wallet? Just want to know before I go through the reregistration process.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi!
if the amount is on the pledge address then only steps you need to take is the re-registration with the updated pledge amount. pool sites might process this new info in the following epoch…

1 Like

The rewards are associated with the pledge wallet (my first rewards from last epoch :smile: ) but are not “in” the wallet.

Ahh I see - good to remind me that I also need to pledge or stake my rewards… I think my reward address also the pledge address…

I believe the pledge wallet rewards are automatically added as stake, I just need to know if rewards are considered as part of the pledge amount. If so, then I can reregister. If not, then it’ll fail. I am resisting claiming the rewards to the pledge wallet so I can see a running rewards total.

2 Likes

maybe we need some help from @Alexd1985 I think the reward not automatically added as stake… you need an address which is delegated to the pool. if the amount is on your pledge address then it is not considered as staked address. you need to explicit tells how many amount you want to pledge from the pledge address

1 Like

Hello,

Good question … I pledged 45k and never withdrew the rewards from the wallet; I see in pooltool.io that the rewards are also calculated to met the pledge

I think u can use the rewards as pledge without any problems… but u will can’t spend the rewards till u will not claim them (for example if u will want to send the rewards to another wallet)

Cheers,

1 Like

This would be really good to actually confirm - preferably on testnet - I will try it there but it will take couple of epochs for this experiment to finish.

It’s perfectly possible that this will be a problem, tools like pooltool are easily confused, (I managed to hit so many bugs with it).

Unless someone confirms that this works for sure 100% BE CAREFUL there is a chance that adding a pledge to include also unclaimed rewards, will not be considered as fullfiled pledge by the blockchain invalidating all your potential rewards for all epochs during which pledge was not fullfiled.

On other hand, I was always thinking that rewards are automatically claimed by executing a transaction (maybe I am wrong here - does anyone have low level details on how claiming works on UTXO level?) so if they are - then re-registering a pool should claim them as that is going to execute transaction (but only if you have 1 owner wallet).

1 Like

if u want to be 100% sure then claim/withdraw the rewards and then increase the pledge
But rewards are already stacked to the pool automatically so, I am 99% sure it will work

Cheers,

2 Likes

I will just test it on testnet, but it will take about a month for this experiment to finish… I would still like to know how “withdrawing of rewards” works on UTXO level, when you click that button in yoroi (I don’t even have yoroi), what does it execute on cardano-node blockchain level? does it perform UTXO on your own address for both sender and receiver with reward as extra balance? or what exactly?

1 Like

ok I found how the withdrawing works on low level - from that it actually looks like you have to withdraw the reward if you want it to be counted as pledge: Guide: How to build a Cardano Stake Pool - CoinCashew

It’s literally transferring the ADA from stake address to payment address, I believe only balance of this address that you can see balance of using cardano-cli query utxo --address is counted as valid pledge.

But we won’t know for sure until my test is over, or until someone who knows the internals better confirms that.

1 Like

As long your balance in the wallet met the pledge (or vice-versa) should not be any problems but of course test it.

the rewards can be claim following the bellow guide

STEP 18.11 Claim your rewards

1 Like

Thank you for the input, guys. To know for sure, I will submit my re-registration, setting the pledge amount to 200,000 (wallet has 199,586, rewards has 434, for a total of 200,020). How will I know if the pledge is met at the blockchain level? I assume it will appear as met on sites such as pooltoo.io or pool.vet (which shows currently, "Pledged amount of 200,020 ADA matches declared amount of 100,000 ADA", but as mentioned, that could be a false positive.

Yes, you should see on pooltool.io the green mark and if you will keep the mouse on that mark you will see the message, pledge met…

1 Like

And that result will be the same as how the blockchain will see it? In other words, if I get a false positive from a site like that, I may not know if it’s really not met.

tools like pooltool are synced with the blockchain… if it’s telling you in pooltool that is ok it is, if not it isn’t

1 Like

Ok. Thank you!

1 Like

you are welcome, anytime!

1 Like

@Alexd1985 Where did you get the screenshot you posted above? When I go to pooltool.io, I don’t see the stats listed like that for my pool. I do see the green checkmark by the pledge amount listed horizontally, but I don’t see a vertical list of the stats like in your screenshot. I also don’t see a list like that in the pooltool iOS app.

what is your ticker? it’s from pooltool.io

1 Like