Dear Cardano community,
I’d like to introduce my pool: Italians Pool It Better. I’m Luca, I’m an engineer with the passion about cars, rockets and technology that can help give a sustainable future for mankind. I believe that blockchains are one of the enabling technologies for a brighter future and Cardano is the most promising of all.
Decentralization is one of the key aspects of the Cardano PoS model, so I decided to start a pool based in Italy: people, hardware and connectivity.
IPIB masterplan is divided in three phases:
- Mint the Block!
- Make the world a better place!
We started the pool with 10k ADA pledge, now increased to 15k, fairly high considering the current value of the coin, but our commitment is to put all rewards during phase 1 and 2 back into the pledge. We are here for the long run!
Visit our pool page for more details on our goals and get informed with our practical guide to staking, available in English and Italian.
- Ticker: IPIB
- Pledge: 15100 ADA
- Fixed fee: 340 ADA
- Variable fee: 0%
- Website: www.italianspib.it
- Contact: email@example.com, Telegram IPIB_Pool
- Pool ID / hash: pool1ezskfrplms9h6hxcw7adqghmfrtpn6cy7ax8ajrm5kn0crvl6sn
- Location: Modena, Italy
- Pool infrastructure: The node is hosted in a a TIER4 datacenter in Tuscany on dual processor VPS servers with 8Gb RAM and 80Gb SSD, connected to a 86Gbps backbone. The datacenter is powered by 100% certified renewable energy. The node runs on Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS 64bit.
- Pool redundancy: The datacenter has 100% uptime since July 2011. The power supply system if fully redundant, with gensets capable of 48h of autonomy, the storage is replicated in real time to a separate datacenter.
- Operator experience: I started using Linux since SUSE 6.2 in 1999. My passion for IT and Linux remained intact over time and gave me the chance to learn the fundamentals of system administration. Working I acquired experience in programming (C, C++, Python, VHDL and scientific languages).