Introducing the eco-friendly Green Stake Pool [GREEN]

Hey everyone!

My name is Pierre and I launched GREEN a few weeks ago! Everything you need to know about myself, my long-time involvement with Cardano and the pool itself is available here: https://www.greenstakepool.com.

So what distinguishes GREEN from other pools?
Firstly, it is NOT running on dirty electricity unlike most of my competitors, as the countries where the servers are located have been carefully selected for their specific way of producing electricity (Switzerland, Finland, France). It is expected that by 2025, data centers will be responsible for 1.9 Gigatons of CO2 emissions. Let’s not ignore this, we need to act responsibly now.

Another major difference is that I have decided to donate 20% of the pool’s profits (not yours) to NGOs dedicated to protecting our endangered environment. It is the only thing that makes sense to me and I find it to be very satisfactory. The remaining 80% will cover the costs and compensate for my time and work! :grinning:

Get in touch if you have any questions!

Cheers!

Ticker: GREEN
Pool ID: 34a89f77c5fcf0563d129bde9b255f20b269a2dda1561c65d418ec40
Pledge: 195K ADA
Fixed Fee: 340 ADA (minimum, deducted from total rewards across all delegators, not to worry for you)
Fee: 2%
Website: https://www.greenstakepool.com/
Twitter (please use for contact): https://twitter.com/GreenCardano
PoolTool: https://pooltool.io/pool/34a89f77c5fcf0563d129bde9b255f20b269a2dda1561c65d418ec40/epochs

Location: Geneva, Switzerland

Pool Infrastructure: Linux based and hosted across several providers and different geographic locations (Switzerland, France, Finland) which helps for resilience and block propagation in order to win slot battles, as well as minimizing the risk of attack vectors. GREEN consists of one block-producing node and a comfortable 4 relays nodes set-up, monitored 24/7 to ensure max uptime and performance optimisation. We follow industry best-practice regarding Pool Keys management and nothing is kept online, in order to ensure maximum safety.

The Operator: My name is Pierre and I am French, based in Geneva, Switzerland. I work as an architect and 3D professional and am also a Python developer with system operation and server administration experience. I have been involved with Cardano since Day 1, among the first active forum members in 2017, and involved in popular community projects such as the creation of the Cardano Wiki, along with other pioneers who will recognise themselves.

:arrow_right: If you are looking for a small pool before the 6th of December in order to avoid the imminent saturation adjustment, there is a good chance that GREEN might be what you are looking for! :slightly_smiling_face: :call_me_hand:

[Copy edited by @RobJF, who also delegates to GREEN pool :grin:]

1 Like