IOHK Statement: Cardano SL 1.3 release

Really???

How can it be a so unique issue that it cannot be solved for 10 months (if fix in October)???

For sure I started a topic to get help… but seriously, people are asking for this same issue
for more than 8 months now, without a fix…

I am doubtful unfortunately… but who I am to tell that LOL!

Majority of people that have problems and ask for help in the #communitytechnicalsupport category have their issue resolved.

Please continue the discussion in a more proactive manner in the dedicated topic that you created: New wallet Daedalus 0.11 not able to connect to network

1 Like

glad to hear about the fact that people are getting an individual fix when they are asking for support.

Unfortunataly, you miss my point tho…

Is it really normal that people are asking for the same issue over and over again for more than 8 months?

Talking about proactive manner, fixing the issue before new support request would have been pretty proactive when the issue started a long time ago, no?

I don’t want to offend people… In my book, this is just unbelievable that for that kind of project, with an enormous team, the solution has still not been found definitively and still addressing individual support requests.

What feeling do you think it gives for a new person coming to that project and seeing the same and same issue reported by members for months???

At the end, I really don’t care. I don’t have a lot of ADA, and if I cannot get a solution, I will just sell as soon as the value will rise again. My intention is to share also to have some improvement… for everyone. I will not fight at all.

This is more about Cardano project and what the team wants to do from it. If the team really cares about its own project, it will listen to what individuals are sharing to improve the project and make it better for the future.

After all, there are so many different crypto projects that many will die eventually… This is the team which will ultimately decide what will be the future of this particular project.

Unfortunately you miss my point: it’s not the same issue, merely the same (or similar) symptoms.

There’s a helluvalot more to Cardano than Daedalus, especially with new wallets coming out. Rest assured, at this stage nobody who has much idea what’s going on is worried that Daedalus connection issues might sink the project.

that is perfect then.

I will keep my words so about the way it is handled from the point of view of users… which apparently is not important. that is ok.
Thanks for sharing Cardano mindset and confidence

may I understand why my support request topic has been DELETED ???

I had at least one nice person willing to help and trying to understand my issue.

And as I was replying, I got the message that the thread did not exist anymore!

Is this a way to deal with people taking time and energy to try fixing issues using YOUR products?

It is normal when a number of identical posts appear (you posted three I think, most in inappropriate topics, like this one), all but one are deleted. It looks like the one that was in the appropriate place, as a new topic in CTS, was deleted in this case. I’m really sorry about that, but we’re only human and mistakes do happen. I don’t believe it’s possible to undelete but I might be wrong, the person who would know is @Bullish.

BTW, you’re not dealing with Cardano here, we’re just ordinary folks like you, so they’re not OUR products.

The issue has been resolved via private messages. The problem was copying the Daedalus executable files to a custom directory and trying to run it from there.

1 Like