…iohk summit…

Replied on this thread.

Tired of being flagged and deleted.

As far as investment. Like I said, I’m in it only for the money, period. I dont plan on being a bag holder and at this rate, I’m not. Made back my initial investment and some. And reasons for what you see as being a naysayer, spreading FUD or whatever are not what you think. Someone has to keep this game honest. If you want to make money where do you go? You go where there is money? Where do you go to sell cars? You go to where there is money to buy your car. I doubt there are many Lambos traveling around Kilimanjaro. So me pointing out the areas where adoption would occur faster is nothing more than a thought of how much Ada would be worth if it was deployed in a location where uptake would be faster. Don’t tell me you think Amazon would be more successful if it started in Africa…??? C’mon be honest now, you know what the answer to that is. My other comments are also legitimate. Where you or I can afford 1,2,3 or more nanos that may not be the case form someone in Nigeria. Where I may transact amounts and not worry so much about a small loss, that same amount might translate into a lot of money for someone else in another country who then may not want to risk losing it all on forgetting a mistake, not being able to update a wallet, have a bad experience with syncing, lose it on an unofficial wallet, all of which can result in bad word of mouth. Ive had a money stolen from a wallet before but to be honest I dont even know the name of the maker of the wallet to raise a fuss mostly because the amount didnt matter and the wallet had nothing to do with the reason for money being taken out of it. On the other hand, if someone loses a cold wallet, forgets their seed or correct sequence which we know happens cause it’s been in the forum a couple times, is unable to update, has syncing issues, time synchronization is bad, etc etc…that can have a serious effect on word of mouth. Not being able to get your funds back because of a mistake can result in much of the same. Adoption and forgiveness would be better in a developed country is what I’m driving at. As for price, it would increase through adoption. Increase in price means increase in cheddar cheese.

For you:

I watched this AMA after it was released; based on my recollection, I believe the message was that if we fail to comprehend the fundamental importance of decentralized blockchain tech over the camouflaged, current money system’s centralized blockchain product ie. legacy financial system’s trillion (daily transaction value) dollar leverage into centralized blockchain ‘solutions’, then blockchain’s potential benefits to humanity will have been sabotaged; driven past the tipping-point, fueled by our ignorance.

He never stated or even alluded, no mass adoption will occur in 3-5 years, therefor game over. It you didn’t intend this interpretation then please correct or clarify.

Sabotage is subjective. I wont get into philosophical viewpoints on this. The point is however very clear. Charles is not a stupid man. Charles is also very aware of what he says and its implications. I think he has made the point very clear that hardware manufacturers decide what gets into secure elements and what does not. If they have a competing “product”, and I use that term loosely, then Cardano or any other coin for that matter will not be able to compete. Trying to teach the masses about the philosophy of decentralization and its benefits will only be met with the real world concerns I have brought up. Add that to the fact that elected officials will be concerned about the ability to circumvent sanctions, and they have a real issue to campaign on.

So with that, you can say camouflaged or whatever, the buy in depends on the consumer and not the speculator. What compelling argument will you, Charles, Vitalik or anyone else say to the masses that a centralized protocol does not address. How will the debates on the merits of the technologies be made. If it is the scare tactic that everything will one day crumble, that madness wont work. How much 25 year shelf life food stores, guns, and prepper bunkers do you have? Most of us dont because we trust that the system will work through the issues it has. That “trust” is hard to overcome. I’d like to hear the arguments to overcome this.

Philosophy? No. It’s really important when quoting, paraphrasing, and/or continuing a discussion seeded by another’s thoughts, words, that we make certain to be accurate, and honest. If we error, own the error then make it right.

Yes, this is very much a so called, ‘First World’ entanglement perspective, one that he seems keen on avoiding due to the obvious outcome.

I want very much to say more, and I will when time permits.

Cliff made a mention on posting to another forum so I’ve created one “Advantages and Disadvantages” this discussion is off topic I’d agree and no need for posts to be deleted. I like to read all thoughts regardless if I agree or not. Sometimes they change my mind or ninfluence it in another direction.