Hello. I am following the Stake Pool Course. So far so good. But today, I have a road block. I am now in the part where I am changing the topology files so that Relay nodes talks to BP node and other relay nodes. Also, BP node should only talk to my Relay node. I am doing all of this in VirtualBox. I was looking for the IP addresses of my nodes but but found out that they are using the same IP address (10.0.2.15). How did you guys went ahead with this? I mean in my topology files, I cannot declare both relay and BP nodes to have the same IP obviously.
This solved my issue:
- In VirtualBox control panel go to File → Preferences → Network
- Select NAT Networks tab, create a new “NatNetwork” by clicking + button at side and press OK.
- Now select each VM go to Settings → Network
- In Attached to: option choose NAT Network and select “NatNetwork” and press OK.
- Restart all the VMs.
- Now VMs have different network address.
NAT adds overhead. Most routers are capable of guest/private LANs. You can create one and dedicate it to your vms over the same nic as your host. Routers are different, so Google is your friend.