Is the Cardano Platform compatible with ERC20 tokens?

I have been reading up on IELE, and I came across an article from IOHK, and they provided an example: “erc20.iele - a IELE implementation of an ERC20 token” from the article IELE A new Virtual Machine for the Blockchain
Does this mean IELE will be compatible with ERC20 Tokens?

Cardano CL (smart-contracts layer) will have a side-chain on KEVM (separate from IELE chain) - this is a fully-functional completely backward-compatible Ethereum Virtual Machine. So anyone with a solidity contract ca just deploy it on this particular chain of Cardano and use it there.

Additionally, latest report from the “Goguen” manager was showing a “Solidity-to-IELE translator”:

This suggests that there will be a software solution that allows anyone to “translate” their Solidity smart-contracts in order to execute them on IELE chain.

Yes, 100% of ERC20 ICO, contracts, etc will work on Cardano. But their own platform is much better

ERC20 tokens do not have their own platform, they are validated by the Ethereum network, Cardanao is expected to outperform the Ethereum network, the more tokens on Cardano the better.

I think they meant Cardano by “their own platform” :slight_smile:

“ERC20 will work on Cardano, but their own [IELE-based] platform is much better”

I misread that one for sure

Exactly what I meant