LiveView Not working

Hi,

I’m trying to set up a pool by myseft and I jut started the course in Stake Pool School.
I was able to build and run the cardano node in the testnet but I’m stuck in setting the LiveView mode.

The video is not updated according to the latest version 1.25.1 and I’m wondering if the LiveView mode is deprecated or has to do with something I miss to configure in the config file

Thanks in advance

Liveview is not available anymore

U will need

3 Likes

Thanks for your help

1 Like

I just executed it but I got this error:

COULD NOT CONNECT TO A RUNNING INSTANCE! PLEASE CHECK THE PROMETHEUS PORT AND TRY AGAIN!

I checked the config and the prometheus port is the same 12798. What else could it be? Is there something else to setup in the config regarding prometheus is not configure by default?

your node is up and running?

Yes, but still syncing
This is my config:
“hasEKG”: 12788,
“hasPrometheus”: [“127.0.0.1”,12798],
“minSeverity”: “Info”,
“options”: {
“mapBackends”: {
“cardano.node.metrics”: [
“EKGViewBK”
],
“cardano.node.resources”: [
“EKGViewBK”
]
},
“mapSubtrace”: {
“cardano.node.metrics”: {
“subtrace”: “Neutral”
}
}
},
“rotation”: {
“rpKeepFilesNum”: 10,
“rpLogLimitBytes”: 5000000,
“rpMaxAgeHours”: 24
},
“setupBackends”: [
“KatipBK”
],
“setupScribes”: [
{
“scFormat”: “ScText”,
“scKind”: “StdoutSK”,
“scName”: “stdout”,
“scRotation”: null
}
]
}

Do I need to set up something else?

you need to replace 127.0.0.1 with 0.0.0.0

1 Like

Hi I have been stuck here too, how do I change the Prometheus port to what you suggested? (what command do I need to type)

Go to config.json file , replace the IP and save the file;

Cheers,

Replaced with 0.0.0.0 but still got the same response,

“COULD NOT CONNECT TO A RUNNING INSTANCE! PLEASE CHECK THE PROMETHEUS PORT AND TRY AGAIN!”

any suggestions?

ok all sorted with the live view working in a new window. @Alexd1985 I followed you advice on this post here:

Now my issue is this

but I think from reading this post and the other one I need to set a relay and block producer up to this to work?

To work what… I see ur node is syncing right now

To be honest, I’ve rebuild from the bottom so many times because I could get liveview working, I have confused myself. Now that I have managed it, I just need to let it sync and then continue with the course. @Alexd1985 I really appreciate your help and also when it is indirectly too. I have searched for so many answers on posts and I see your name all over them. You’re great, thanks!

Update, I had panicked when I saw “not block producer, relay only” but realised I need to wait for it to sync, keep calm and carry on.

1 Like

ok I get this error now :frowning:

Any advice?

The node is running?

Alexd1985++ thanks a ton, I was stuck the same place. This got me going.

1 Like

All sorted, rebuilt it and synced 100% onwards and upwards :call_me_hand: Thanks again

1 Like

Hi Alex,

I just started the Stake Pool School Course and going through the Testnet program and I find myself stuck at setting up the LiveView as the SPO School videos are not updated to guide us in this.

I have installed the following (GitHub - Crypto2099/simpleLiveView: Create a "Live View" for Cardano Node when running in "Simple View") as guided, set the IP to 0.0.0.0 as instructed and ensuring the Prometheus port is 12798 in the “nano testnet-config.json”.

the command that i used to run the code is on
cardano-node run
–topology testnet-topology.json
–database-path db
–socket-path db/node.socket
–host-addr 10.0.2.15
–port 3001
–config testnet-config.json

the nodes seems to be running and synchronizing (at least it looks like it) - attached screenshot.
My issue is on the liveView - how do we set it up?

I think u will need to use gliveview script,
If u don’t have the script check the coincashew guide STEP 8

Thanks a bunch Alex!
After so many torturous hours trying all possible solutions to get a liveview working - it’s finally working (I hope - Screenshot attached). Am I on the correct path? I’ve advanced to lesson 3 (done all the transaction) and now to lesson 4. What is next from here?