Lost 220 thousand ADA because of a YouTube video

Yeah, being in contact with the CEX’s and DEX’s does tackle the problem.

The only way out is hiding behind as many IP’s possible; besides blacklisting, which isn’t hard being fully automated and working like an oracle where every interested party can fetch the info, don’t you think that until we can triangulate the original IP and work with local authorities to de facto catch the perpetrator/s we will be only chasing our own tail?

I’m not fully aware of any IP tracking software that can fully get past the masks altough I do know that with a heavy set of social engineering kit allied with get past some masks is feasible, still hard as you well know.

So my question is, are we going to beat them by tiredness? Making it not time/cost profitable?

The best part for me is the Manual analysis and ML, simply amazing!

cheers

Can you help me retrive my. 13k ada. i lost on the 20th of august. what about we sue youtube all togheter this should be multimilion dolllars case!

i also lost to this wallet address

struck my money

Astroboysoup, what if the coins I got stolen ended up on a stacking pool? Are those still recoverable ?

I did not fall for this one but almost… They all have a minimum send of usually 2500 ADA and you can only do it once according to the site. So there is a temptation to send a maximum amount. Can’t believe I almost fell for it.

1 Like

But think about it, how can they know you are the same person and limit you to 1 time? It’s impossible. You can send from any number of address you want, using a different name if they asked. That sentence by itself should raise a red flag. (Also the 2500 Minimum. Also everything else :slight_smile: )

There were a lot of flags which is why I did not send. But what you might not understand is if you are brand new to crypto like me there is a lot you don’t know. I had my stuff in Binance. I didn’t even know about wallets until I did more research. I didn’t know you could have more than one etc. What you’re saying makes perfect sense to me now. What I am saying is you can be smart at a lot of things and really dumb when it comes to crypto. That’s why all these people are being taken in.

SOrry for your loss Fernand

I lost 3000 ADA to this adress

addr1q8gnawl5z2zzzgmq5485xl6vrmswprfrpu2dmmp735y2ucas5duc89tly765d0ph9hvlhjznqna0qcymwddcc2hvh0cqlkmrry

If someone can help, I will gladly give him/her a reward if I cant back these coins

Thanks

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community.

I am sincerely sorry for your loss. Despite the efforts of Charles Hoskinson, the official Cardano entities and the entire community, these types of scams are rampant. The scammers have no respect for the efforts of others.

The video and website have been reported and are being processed. However, I have to remove the link from your post, I hope you understand that leaving it there would be one more way of advertising it.

Best regards.

2 Likes

I can completely understand that. I didn’t think that far ahead, because I’m a little emotional right now.

2 Likes

So because .0003% of Crypto holders suffer from a rare condition, of chronic imbecility, that causes them to periodically “dumb out” into a YouTube video induced “FOMA coma” resulting in the immediate transfer of about a $half million dollar$ to a complete stranger on the internet, clearly we need a police state dictatorship to keep us all safe??
The burden of responsibility for oneself is the cost of freedom. Sovereignty and accountability are 2 sides of the same coin, and just as separable.
That amount of money shouldn’t have been so quickly accessible even as a safeguard against my own impulsive nature it’s prudent to design some “obstacles” to act as speed bumps, at the least, and cause me to slow down and be certain I still think it’s necessary after some time has passed. Be careful of what you start advocating, desiring all others should suffer for your mistakes. I’m sorry for your loss, even if it was a direct result of greed, it still sucks. Why enter into the crypto space? What you are suggesting for the future of crypto already exists. Go invest in stocks, use banks, and Paypal as they already have the features you seek.

2 Likes

Is the crypto world and block chain technology is guarded for only a selected group of individuals with high IQ and great tech skills ? If blockchain advocates for mass adoption to make the world a better place , everybody should be allowed and welcomed. All of us who are not tech savvy would like to be part of it. We probably make the bulk of the population btw.

There should be ways to get our money back as the same way there is a police force to catch the bad guys in real life.

All the transactions are public and the tokens should be recover easily with the proper systems. At the click of a button we should be able to freeze funds that were sent to a wrong/flagged address.

What if people got hacked ? Is that valid ? Or they are imbeciles as well because they didn’t get the proper safety measures to protect their wallets. Misinformation is different than ignorance. I don’t consider myself ignorant.

So do you think I am and everyone else who becomes a prey into this scam is an imbecil ?
I’m glad you have such a great judgement of character.

We need some sort of regulatory organism that protect us against scams, hacks and fraud.

If you think you don’t need a “police state dictatorship to keeps us safe “ that’s your prerogative. I do believe we need one and we are going to end up having one.

3 Likes

It is classically not only fraud or error user, but a criminal offense. I don’t know if these addresses are prosecuted by the state or a organization or fight against criminals - but in my opinion cryptocurrencies are currently more for computer scientists and traders - not for end-users. As long as no code is to blame here, no block or whatever ADA could help with will be cranked [decentralized principle] - I personally don’t like the whole thing around crypto but I firmly believe it will become end-user friendly after 5-10 years.

Heads up, you managed to accumulate so much money, so you got it ! You made a mistake how I did but now learn from it and use your knowledge again ! There are studies that prove that people who start businesses and accumulate money but eventually lose it all by wrong decisions , accumulate again in even less time the same or even more through experience. Good luck - I hope karma and the universe is on your side from now on!

1 Like

I nearly lost my cardano wallet today. Luckily Yoroi stepped in and would not process the transaction.
Its quite easy to get sucked into these extreme FOMO events.
Genuinely feel sorry for the decent guys who have lost a lot. We are all in it for a better life. Not a life of regret and disappointment. Stay strong guys and buy the dip! It will happen soon.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kinds words - i agree 100% with you and also i’m back at it again - resilience and standing up and fight again after a big fall is all we can do to repair the damage - hope you are doing great and wish you the best for you

thanks Ommni, luck was on your side my friend ! glad to hear you lost your wallet - an undesirable event or a blessing … it was a blessing for sure !!! - we will wait for the dip !!! thanks much buddy

Hi everyone, I saw this on twitter, hope it can help fight these scammers. Although I haven’t figured out why they think that 0.1% of giveaways would be legit?

Cardano Fraud Detection Bureau: https://iohk.link/CFDB

1 Like

OP,
I’ve had a similar experience and would like to compare notes with you to go over your case. Is there a way to reach you other than this site, if possible?

Up until today, i would have thought to myself “you deserved what you got for being that stupid”…

I got into crypto like 10 days ago, and it was awesome. And today while browsing YT i came across the exact same thing you did, with a countdown timer and Charles talking about something, and, just like that, my greed just took over. Tunnel vision, thats what it was. I literally sold everything in my portfolio so that i could send ADA in time, thinking it would be worth it LOL. And i sent like 2100 ADA. And then it started to kick in. The stupidity of what i’ve done. In an instant i was aware that it was a scam and everyone with half a brain could see it was a scam… Apparently my brain just turned off for those 30 mins.

Anyways, i lost SO much less than you, even tho it was literally all i had, but i completely understand how you feel and that it can happen to anyone. You just think it will never happen to you.

Best wishes to you, i hope you are successful in recovering your money. If you are, let us know how.

the same thing here! i sent almost all my ADA to that address, beliving that it was legit…
and it seems like it is live again
[Link removed by @napoles]
[Link removed by @napoles]

Is there any way to recover the sent ADA?