New to investing in crypto

Welcome to you both!

As you learn about Cardano, you will hopefully come across some great people, the community is spread over many social platforms, with many friendly members.

I wish you luck on this adventure and as you have already seen, there are many people to help assist and guide.

I feel it a shame, but important as we are on an online environment, to make you aware of some fundamental safety information. Which will hopefully help you focus on what you’re here for and easily move away from scam.

• Your seed words to your wallet is the most valuable thing you own. Anyone who knows these words have unconditional control over your assets. If they are lost or someone else discovers it, you are likely to lose your assets.

• Please never put these seed words into anything, apart from a trusted wallet when you intent to restore the funds.

• Telegram (but not limited to) is a very active platform for the Cardano community, however there are accounts that impersonate officials and make contact privately to scam individuals. ignore /block or delete personal messages, especially if they are from official looking accounts, no one legit will contact you privately.

• There are no giveaways - there are malicious websites out there which look similar to official sites. Please don’t ever send your ada anywhere based on a promise to receive more back. Always make sure you go to official websites when downloading a wallet. Double check the site and good practice is to type it in yourself, not click links.

There are so many help articles within the forum for most your questions as you discover.

For safety and scam awareness , this is the latest one I wrote. Hopefully you can have a quick read, then move on and put your focus else where with a bit of peace of mind.

1 Like