Node won't run after installing configuration files

Ok, did u ran?

Now we can copy the executables files to the .local/bin directory

cp -p dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.10.2/cardano-node-1.24.2/x/cardano-node/build/cardano-node/cardano-node ~/.local/bin/

cp -p dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.10.2/cardano-cli-1.24.2/x/cardano-cli/build/cardano-cli/cardano-cli ~/.local/bin/

cardano-cli --version

Did u installed libsodium?

do u have this folder?

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"

git clone h ttps://github.com/input-output-hk/libsodium
cd libsodium
git checkout 66f017f1
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make install

Alex, I have been working on resolving the following error:

“Yaml file not found: configuration/cardano/mainnet-config.json[ec2-user@ip-172-31-18-92 relay]$ cd”

Do you know what this means?

Thanks!

Btw, yes to all the questions :slight_smile:

is your cardano-node file in the right /bin folder? based on an earlier screenshot the command cannot find the file to launch.

I appreciate it! The run command should be executed under the relay folder right? What I have in the relay folder are just the configuration files. Where should the cardano-node supposed to reside?

Mine is in /usr/local/bin

Hi Friends:

I was able to setup two relay nodes and one BP node. I am trying to get my BP node to talk to the relays. It seems like BP node is syncing nicely from my relay nodes (without errors) but both of my relay nodes give the following error in reference to my BP node:

[ip-172-3:cardano.node.IpSubscription:Error:62] [2021-03-11 14:09:08.52 UTC] IPs: 0.0.0.0:0 [BP IP:Port] Connection Attempt Exception, destination BP IP:Port exception: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 26>: timeout (Connection timed out)

What does this mean and please help if you have a solution.

Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

Can you post the relay topology file? You can mask a part of the ip addresses.

Hi KrakenStaking:

It was a matter of allowing incoming traffic on my BP node on AWS. It is now resolved! :slight_smile:

I appreciate the help, sir!

okay so you had to open up the port. no problem if I helped at all here.

1 Like