SP Course - command "cardano-run" not found in relay folder

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance for my novice knowledge but I am trying my best to understand this.

I am currently going through the Stake Pool School and just started going through the "Start Your Node" section.

For some reason I am not able to use the “cardano-node run” command (and other commands). The message “Command not found” is displayed. Would anyone know what would cause this? I have done all of the previous steps properly (to my knowledge) so I dont know why this message appears. As you can see I downloaded the latest Testnet config files.

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 11.00.25 PM

Thank you to anyone who can help me figure out this issue, I really appreciate it!

Hello,
Assuming you built them from source, they are somewhere, but your PATH variable does not point to them. Try to find the files using command ‘find …’ then copy them to any location in your PATH or update the Path variable.

3 Likes

Hi CusCus!

Have you executed these steps in the [installation phase]Installing Cardano-node - Stake pool course?
“Now we can copy the executables files to the .local/bin directory”

and also modify the bashrc file:
“Open your .bashrc file with nano text editor”

So can you confirm that your PATH env variable contains ~/.local/bin - use this command get the result:
echo $PATH

2 Likes

Perfect! Both of these helped immensely.

1 Like