Opinion: Do we allow these Ambassadors to publicly lie?

True, another reason why to abandon this forum and move to Reddit. The community there seems less toxic (I never guessed I would something like that about Reddit :smiley: ).

Lol, Reddit <toxic. Thatā€™s equally sad and funny

Actually, this post was informative. I was not aware of any of this and this needs to be taken into account for trading. GOC seems to be significant enough I imagine but this is important stuff to know. The issue should be discussed and resolved in a civil manner and if there are misunderstandings OK however if there is outright lying going on, something needs to happen. Iā€™d like to keep reading on this and keep abreast of the situation. Thanks.

4 Likes

Fair 'nuff

What did I miss?
Did they change from ā€œnon-profitā€ to ā€œfor-profitā€ and it is a big deal?
Why exactly?

1 Like

ItĀ“s quite a significant difference in this particular context or any other context between these two company formation types.

Public Sector vs Private Sector

@Eystein_Hansen is our law expert you might get more specifics from him in private if you like

To simplify the complex & long story for you, it translates to something like this:

In their false statement they publicly positioned us like greedy money grabbbers, who wanted to exploit the brand ā€œGuardians of Cardanoā€, itĀ“s legacy & Guardianship values and do a commercial business out of it making profits from the Community. On the other side they were the good Guys who didnĀ“t want us (the bad Guys) to do such nasty thing as it doesnĀ“t fit their high moral & ethical standards and this was one of the main reasons for the split of the Guardians of Cardano.

In reality the bad guys (us) we lobbied for a non-profit organization (to be registered in Switzerland or Norway) and to have a staking pool as main revenue stream for this entity. This would have ensured total Community Control, if the Guardians of Cardano are not doing their job, they seems to add no value to the Ecosystem, then no one would have staked with us and we canĀ“t compensate working hours, expenses & 3rd party services, so we would have to scale down operations. On the other way around if the Community is happy and more people would have staked, we could have extended our operations. So the Community would have had full control of our performance based income and the non-profit public sector regulations in these legally & ethically sound countries would have ensured that the use of money is strictly controled, audited so people who work for the entity do not make any profits (!), but might get reasonable compensation in a compliant way for justified costs occured.

So as a summary you were associated with the image of the Wall Street Banker (for-profit), while you were planning to work for an NGO (non-profit). Try to do this with an NGO worker and ask him whatĀ“s the big deal :)))

Btw here is another thread that looks at the potential of non-profit staking pools:
https://forum.cardano.org/t/how-will-you-choose-the-staking-pool-you-will-stake-at-the-case-for-non-profit-staking-pools

I honestly hope some non-profit pools will develop over time.

1 Like

Who has triggered the closure of this topic and why?

Why do we not get a notification on this?

Why is it 6 hours and not 12 or 3?

ItĀ“s not a bad idea, just the way itĀ“s carried out is a bit dirty again.

4 Likes

No stand your ground please.

2 Likes

lol, I am not getting it either. Why close? Who close? Is it the thread is inappropriate again? Why not just let people freely discuss the issues?

3 Likes

this is exactly what iā€™ve been talking about.

for months.

ZERO transparency or accountability.

@maki.mukai @tom.kelly @YeJi.Kim

Who initiated the close? Why? Can it be revoked democratically by the community?

2 Likes

Seems to me thereā€™s been a lot of wasted energy trying to sway the communityā€™s perception of what happened, when to be completely honest, most donā€™t care that much. The petition was a great idea, and if thatā€™s all the Watchdogs did then it was a successful endeavor. Well done.

What I donā€™t understand is how the split became so messy. So thereā€™s a difference of opinion and as a result the group separates and everyone goes their separate ways. Done.

3 Likes

Best answer ever!
Now, pin it on top, and we can spend time on building!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.