Please help debug port opening issue - home environment

Then it wont work manually either…

Do you have this line in your topologyUpdater?
cardano-cli query tip --mainnet | jq -r .blockNo

I am not currently able to check this but I will later today and update with what I find.

After reviewing the linked topic in your last post I opened my topologyUpdater.sh script and found the line you mentioned. I followed the steps that the previous poster had made by changing “.blockNo” to just “.block”. My updater script wont be running for another 45 minutes, but once it does should I be able to see the TX incrementing?

Good!

But I recommend to download the latest version of topologyUpdater - since there is no such line anymore…

yes, good chance that with a working topologyUpdater relays will find yours and start connecting to it.

How would I go about updating it…? Some of my basic Linux skills are VERY rusty. Will I need to make changes to the crontab with the new version of topologyUpdater.sh?

download the file and replace it with the old one…

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cardano-community/guild-operators/alpha/scripts/cnode-helper-scripts/topologyUpdater.sh
mv topologyUpdater.sh /path/to/old/topologyUpdater.sh

that is it

1 Like

I received this error

1 Like

updated the previous post with the right address

I don’t think that downloaded the correct file, When I attempted to run it I received this -
./topologyUpdater.sh: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token newline' ./topologyUpdater.sh: line 7:
I entered “less topologyUpdater.sh”. And this is what it returned-

1 Like

I updated the post again - sorry, now it works

No problem, I appreciate the help. Now it looks like the right file was run but I’m unclear on what the output is saying

rob@relaynode:~/cardano-my-node$ ./topologyUpdater.sh
tee: /opt/cardano/cnode/logs/topologyUpdater_lastresult.json: No such file or directory
{ “resultcode”: “201”, “datetime”:“2021-04-14 22:36:58”, “clientIp”: “8.42.76.9”, “iptype”: 4, “msg”: “nice to meet you” }
mv: cannot stat ‘/opt/cardano/cnode/files/topology.json.tmp’: No such file or directory

do you have this folder?
ls /opt/cardano/cnode/logs/

I do not, my logs are here- /home/rob/cardano-my-node/logs, I can create that folder if necessary though.

no - instead check that you have an env file in the folder cardano-my-node
if not download and modify it accordingly
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cardano-community/guild-operators/alpha/scripts/cnode-helper-scripts/env

CNODE_HOME="/home/rob/cardano-my-node"

I have an env file in the /home/rob/cardano-my-node

and is the CNODE_HOME pointing to the right folder?
is it commented out? is the line matches with what I provided - no # at the beginning of the line?

The env file has that line commented out and pointing to the wrong folder. I uncommented and change the path.

Now outside of not liking running it twice in one hour, the output was “rob@relaynode:~/cardano-my-node$ ./topologyUpdater.sh
{ “resultcode”: “504”, “datetime”:“2021-04-14 23:05:06”, “clientIp”: “8.42.76.9”, “iptype”: 4, “msg”: “one request per hour please” }
mv: cannot stat ‘/home/rob/cardano-my-node/files/topology.json.tmp’: No such file or directory”

1 Like

also check this line in env
TOPOLOGY="${CNODE_HOME}/configs/topology.json" # Override default topology.json path

that should point to your topology.json

Thank you I will check that shortly I’m about to have dinner with my family. :+1: