? Pool Collapse

Last 3 epochs CLIO1 has fallen in rank thus: 57-61-107 and 546 today.
Am staked with them - to date all satisfactory.
Current data:
Saturation: 50.67%
(down from *542 just 2 hrs ago)
Live Stake: 0.10%
Pool Margin: 0.99%
Pledge: 1.1V ADA (not meeting pledge currently)
Cost per epoch: 340 ADA
produced Blocks: 5704
Potential Rewards: 0.000000ADA.
Looks like the pool has either collapsed or been deregistered for ? reason.
Can someone who knows about these things please respond with meaningful explanation of what is going on?
At the very least it appears that I will need to re-allocate staking.
CLIO1 website is inactive.

They changed (increased the pledge and perhaps they didn’t check… they should correct it

1 Like

Yes, it looks like their current pledge is just short of what they agreed to in their new pool certificate. They have current pledge of 1,188,698 Ada, but have agreed to 1,190,000 pledge.

I am not sure what is the cut-off for when they need to rectify this. However, I believe they will be aware and have a plan.

Does anyone know what is the cut-off during the epoch for when pledge must be met?

2 Likes

How does this happen?
Correspondence.is slow - understandably given the volume of inquiry they must get.
Should I sit tight, or re-delegate?

1 Like

Nope, all good… I let them a message on twitter… they have time to modify the pledge (declared)

2 Likes

Do you know what is the deadline within the epoch for pledge to be met?

3 Likes

Till next epoch transition I guess…

3 Likes

Ive already reached out to him privately. Im pretty sure hes already aware of the situation.

2 Likes

Hi
Thanks for showing there are delegators, really caring about their delegations.
I have to admit the recent change was planned together with the long time pledge partner, and there was a misunderstanding from my side. Nothing critical just a typo on DM chats.
I will fix this in time

3 Likes

Quick explanation: yesterday I agreed with the pledge partner to raise the commited pledge, based on the maximum possible. (1.19)
After that operation all looked ok, but then the partners Catalyst rewards was claimed and sent to another wallet. hence the just maximised pledge was’n met anymore.

It’s fixed now, and the usual ranking should return soon.
Block production was never affected, on the opposite, it’s a good epoch ahead…

3 Likes

@werkof Can you confirm my question: Does the pledge amount need to be met only just prior to the next epoch transition?

1 Like

the pledge change becomes active only the next epoch. This makes sense and is useful because it makes impossible for a pool operator to change conditions shortly before an epoch switch. Due to this delay all delegators have some time to rethink their delegation.

For this case now, it means the newly declared pledge becomes active on next epoch switch. For the last epoch switch and his reward snapshot the previous pledge amount was valid.
For the next epoch switch the required pledge is also met now. So no missing rewards expected.

Our internal misunderstanding was related to the retrieval of the reward. I did not think that this amount was then also taken out of the Wallet.

In any case, I would like to apologise for any scare this process has created

4 Likes

What an awesome response to my question - Thank you everyone.
I am stoked to see so many caring people respond.
The Pool looks back to normal now.
I am grateful for all your help - everyone of you.
Thank you
EDIT: Have been very happy with the consistency of rewards with CL:IO1
Right from the beginning of this delegation, there has been a flawless operation by the Pool operator, and I am very grateful for their care.

2 Likes

Plus they provide the community topology update service used by many at: https://api.clio.one/htopology/v1/

2 Likes

THE FOLLOWING REPLY IS SATIRE. FOR ALL YOU DEVELOPERS OUT THERE, SATIRE IS DEFINED AS A LITERARY WORK IN WHICH HUMAN FOOLISHNESS OR VICE IS ATTACKED THROUGH IRONY, DERISION, OR WIT (satire - definition and meaning).

Input endorsers can fix this (in conjunction with k and min fool fee modifications)

…oops, I suppose that should say min pool fee… which reminds me of the Greater Pool Theory… which is the theory that the greater the pool, the greater the… rewards.

CHG

POSTSCRIPT: THE GREATER FOOL THEORY IS A REAL THEORY. FOR MORE DETAILS, SEE Greater fool theory - Wikipedia FOR ALL THE DEVELOPERS WHO PARTICIPATE IN THE CARDANO FORUM, A THEORY IS DEFINED AS A SYSTEM OF EXPLANATIONS THAT TIES TOGETHER A WHOLE BUNCH OF FACTS. FOR MORE DETAILS ON THEORY, SEE Theory Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE PLURAL OF THEORY, SEE https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-plural-of/theory.html

1 Like