Hi I am wondering why my pool is not showing in Daedalus Mainnet 3.3.1 in Windows.
But here I can see it:
The old post didn’t help
Pool ticker not showing on Daedalus 2.0.1 - #14 by RobJF
What can I do?
Mine took 24 hours to show up
I tried again to upload my metadata json:
I checked the encoding is UTF8
Re-caulcated hash and submitted 3 days ago
But I cannot see my Pool in Daedalus by searching “SPRD”.
On the Mobile app for pool IO it shows also no UPDATES which is strange, there should be an update 3 days ago that I changed metadata, not?
Can somebody see the error? here my json:
"name": "SPREAD fairness - Stake pool",
"description": "We do it for a fair world! The goal is that every stake pool mints a block (check the website). You get rewards when we reach like 1.5m active stake, support us now. Be fair, thanks!",
Is there a way how I can analyze the error?
Change the branch from main to master on github… press raw copy the link and register again the pool with the new link (must be master not main)
If u don’t know how to do it, check my topic … how to setup a pool…
Why makes the branch a difference?
I copied of course the raw link in shorted it for the hash generation.
Tonight I can try it, but honestly I don’t understand why this should make any change?
It will help
PS: ur ticker is not visible on
Now I will try to update.
Yes it’s strange, on adapools all information is displayed but on
pooltool.io only the ID and in Daedalus nothing…
I had a similar situation and found the problem by checking:
if there are errors preventing your pool from showing up in Daedalus, they should be returned by that. If that returns , then I don’t know what your problem could be.
I have updated 22 hours ago with the following URL
https://git.io/JqWYB So I have changed the branch from “main” to “master” but no change.
But with the answer from
@PierreBoudreau I found the error that there is a mismatch of the provided hash:
Very strange I re-uploaded in total 4 times now the metadata JSON seems a problem in my steps…
I copy via
pscp the JSON file from my windows to my server and afterward calculate the hash.
Now I will try directly download from my server via
wget the file from github maybe this solves the issue…
Very strange when I calculate the hash even if I download directly from the same URL like IOHK in the logs then I get always this hash
But like in the logs it should be the hash of
Here the logs:
Of course I can just send the transaction with this expected hash but I want to find the source problem.
cardano-cli calculates the wrong hash for the same file?
Here are my versions:
cardano-cli 1.25.1 - linux-x86_64 - ghc-8.10
git rev 9a7331cce5e8bc0ea9c6bfa1c28773f4c5a7000f
Could be possible because u are using a short url?
A hash mismatch was what I had also when I looked at the smash URL with my ID. I download the file from Github again and recalculated the hash and resubmitted and it worked for me. I
think I had used the original file on my workstation when I had first calculated the hash and maybe there was something changed when I uploaded to Github and re-downloaded. Possibly line endings change by Github? To be honest, I’m not sure I remember exactly the steps I did to get it working. Just had a sigh of relief when I saw it in Daedalus and I went to bed. It was late
They mention also in the official docs short URLs and also cash crew guide:
It’s very strange since I directly download the file via wget to my system and calculate the hash and I get another hash then expected…
I will investigate more, lets see why this is the case…
I used a shortened url also and did get it working. Pretty sure I did not cheat by sending the hash I saw in the error message.
Yes, I know… but something not working
I have verified like officaly mentionedhere:
Stake pool metadata - technical-docs - Cardano Updates
Metadata information is encoded in UTF-8, and will never exceed 512 bytes
The content hash of the JSON object referenced in the URL (if present), should match the content hash in the registration certificate. If there is a mismatch, the pool will not be displayed in a wallet.
My JSON is valid for UTF8 and less bytes, I could not find the issue since my hash calculation evaluates always to something different…
Now, I have uploaded it to my web hostspace and re-submitted the registration with the new hash:
Now lets see whats happening until tomorrow…
PS: I checked and my json contains in the
description some special characters: “(check the website)”. if its not fixed with the web space I will tomorrow try to remove the braces in the string maybe this leads to some errors…
now it’s available on
Thanks Alex and Pierre for your help!
Now I am listed finally after 30 days in Daedalus and
I have no Idea what happened previously but this solved the issue finally:
Movied my poolMetaData.json to my web space instead of github
I saw this behavior also to another person which tried the short url option…