Pool retiring help needed

Hey guys, some time ago I have successfully registered a new pool. During the process, I have decided to pledge all my funds to the pool, and set pledge to MAX - registration fee. Now, I’d like to retire the pool (the reasons beyond the scope of this thread), how do I do it so that I don’t loose my funds ? I am using CNTOOLS. What is interesting is that when I go to wallet->list, I can see my wallet, and it also says that it is delegated to my pool. When I look at wallet->show, it shows:

Rewards Available : 0 Ada
Funds + Rewards : 0 Ada

Is this normal ? ALso, when I go to pool->retire, it eventually goes to checking wallet and spits out the following:

ERROR: no funds available for wallet XXXXXX

What’s interesting is that if I enter my wallet address in cardano explorer, I can see the funds that I have transferred there. What am I missing here ?

THanks in advance.

1 Like

Did u imported the wallet from mnemonic?
Can u tell me the ticker?

Hello Alexd, the ticker is FCNET.

Pool deregistration is described here

cardano-cli stake-pool deregistration-certificate \
   --cold-verification-key-file cold.vkey \
   --epoch 264 \
   --out-file pool-deregistration.cert

cardano-cli transaction build-raw \
  --tx-in $TX_IN \
  --tx-out $PAYMENT_ADDR+$REFUND_LVC \
  --ttl $TTL \
  --fee $FEES_LVC \
  --certificate-file pool-deregistration.cert \
  --out-file tx.raw

# Draft the transaction
# Sign transaction
# Send transaction

This should give you your 500 ADA pool deposit back.

In case you are done with your stake address as well, you can deregister that too (but only after your pool got deregistered and you got your 500 ADA back).

The deposit for a stake address is 2 ADA that you should get back as well.

cardano-cli stake-address deregistration-certificate \
  --staking-verification-key-file stake.vkey \
  --out-file deregistration.cert

cardano-cli transaction build-raw \
  --tx-in $TX_IN \
  --tx-out $PAYMENT_ADDR+$REFUND_LVC \
  --ttl $TTL \
  --fee $FEES_LVC \
  --certificate-file deregistration.cert \
  --out-file tx.raw

I see the pool address has around 6k ADA

There is one posibility … why u are seeing 0 funds… u imported the wallet via mnemonic words and after that u performed transactions from yoroi/daedalus wallet… if yes then transfer from yoroi/daedalus 1-2 ADA to the pool address and go again in cntools - pool - retire

U will receive 500 ADA back as a reward and u will need to withdraw them from cntools - funds - withdraw reward

Hello Alexd, I’m sorry I did not respond right away, I have been distracted by more urgent matters. I thank you a lot for your support :wink: I will look into it, and let you know if I was successful.

Hello again guys. Distractions took me longer than I have anticipated. I left the pool running in meantime. Anyways, I’d like to get back to retiring the pool. So based on what @tomdx wrote, I should:

1. De-register the pool. This way I will get 500 ADA back. I assume it will be onto the same wallet where my pledge is, is this correct ?
  2. After I do this, how can I send funds from my pledge wallet to some other wallet ?

Sorry if I’m asking the very basic stuff, but I really want to make sure I don’t loose my money in the process :wink:

• De-register the pool. This way I will get 500 ADA back. I assume it will be onto the same wallet where my pledge is, is this correct ?

Yes, but u will receive them as a reward and you will need to withdraw them before to send them to another wallet

• After I do this, how can I send funds from my pledge wallet to some other wallet ?

Send a simple transaction…

follow the guide steps 18.x for withdrawing rewards and send a simple transaction

Hmm no, I did not import my wallet. I followed cntools guide. I also had daedalus wallet, from which I have transferred pledge (to the wallet created in the process of setting up cnode). Why would I need to transfer any further ADA to do pool retirement ?

I’ve just tried to retire the pool via cntools, and ended up in the same spot: ERROR: no funds available for wallet. ;-(

Perhaps more details would be important here: I’ve bought some ADA, and transferred them to my physical wallet. I’ve also installed daedalus and imported the wallet there. Then after some time, I decided to try creating a pool (I was hoping to have much more time that I actually have), and so I did following cntools guide. I ended up having another wallet (for pledge). I’ve then tranferred my pledge+registration fee from physical/daedalus wallet.

Then, retire the pool from cntools, then u will receive the 500 ADA back as a reward and u have option in cntools to withdraw the rewards

Cntools - funds - withdraw rewards

Then u can send the funds to another wallet also from cntools - funds

Hmm I am totally confused. First off, I wanted to retire the pool, but I had to first rotate keys, then cnode hang, and I had to remove the entire database, so it started to sync (which is by the way still not fisnished). Anyways, I wanted to retire the pool from cnode, but it said no funds on the wallet. So I went to the other wallet, and have transferred 2 ADA (yesterday). Daedalus says it was confirmed. Cardano explorer shows the transaction:

https://explorer.cardano.org/en/transaction?id=878b0a002f8d5bf57ea96ba4d177541fe5a3e21253b5ddcca27ffa3403bda4bd

However, when I click on the target wallet (addr1q8vr5aqfgz5xyysdysctltru96rn8ql28d2h2csw06gauks4gas22qym85ena73tvq5e6gyklxx5z3lvccecgq59ms9s5a5ttu), it doesn’t show any recent transactions. I still don’t have funds to de-list my pool. What am I doing wrong ? Thank you in advance.

• you don’t have to rotate the KES to retire the pool
  • don’t remove the DB
  • be sure that the node is 100% synced
  • start cntools
  • go to wallets - show and check the funds (but the node should be 100% synced)
    !!! if the wallet was imported via mnemonic words you will need to send the funds to the address from cntools
  • then go to cntools- pools-retire/deregister
  • chose the next epoch for retire
  • wait ~2 epcohs to receive the 500 ADA back as a reward
  • then go to cntools - funds - withdraw rewards
  • then if you will need send the funds to another wallet
  • then after u solved the ADA transactions you can delete everything

Cheers,

OK, this is very annoying. I’m still in square one. Since my last post, I was trying to make my node sync, but it kept failing with very well known message about socket file. At first it took forever to sync up to 50% after which it failed. I’ve increased resources of the VM just to make sure it does not quit because of the resources. It made it go up. Last time I checked, the node was up and running and synced at 96%, and today all of the sudden there’s again same old ‘socket file’ message. Is there any way I can import my wallet to daedalus and quit ‘cnode’ business altogether ?

Type sudo systemctl status cnode

journalctl -e -f -u cnode and share the output

Hello Alexd.

Here’s the output:

Please note, that I have added a mechanism to inform me via email, that the node has quit. Hence weird email sending messages.

Tried to import the wallet into daedalus from secret.key but it failed with “no wallets found”.

It it interesting that although I have manually requested to restart the node, the last log is from August 13th. What the heck is going on here ?

Type sudo systemctl status cnode

Aug 13 13:30:26 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: cnode.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Aug 13 13:30:26 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node.
Aug 13 13:30:36 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: Started Cardano Node.
Aug 13 13:40:46 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: Stopping Cardano Node…
Aug 13 13:40:49 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node.
Aug 13 13:40:58 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: Started Cardano Node.
Aug 13 13:49:40 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: cnode.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=137/n/a
Aug 13 13:49:40 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: Unit cnode.service entered failed state.
Aug 13 13:49:40 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: cnode.service failed.
Aug 13 13:49:46 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: cnode.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Aug 13 13:49:46 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node.
Aug 13 13:49:55 server-1560075-1 systemd[1]: Started Cardano Node.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.