Pool Server hardware

Hi Alex,
Should my ADA be on the server, and what happens if the server is hacked or I loose access to my server ? Right now it is on a hw ledger

Thanks

Perfect, u can import ur hw wallet and pledge with it

Cheers,

Hi Alex,

Thanks, I have installed ubuntu on vmware and installed the node on it. When I start gLiveview.sh it shows an error:

\e[31mFailed to query protocol-parameters from node , not fully started?\e[0m

press any key to proceed …

I have no clue what I should do to import my hw wallet and pledge it, do you have any guides or can you tell me what to search for??

Thanks a lot

Wait for the node to start and sync…

After that u can go to cntools - wallet - import - hw …
I think before u must run the prereqs again but this time with -w option

Cheers,

Thanks Alex,
but I got a new error while syncing the node

Looks like cardano-node is running with socket-path as /opt/cardano/cnode/sockets/node0.socket, but the actual socket file does not exist.
This could occur if the node hasnt completed startup or if a second instance of node startup was attempted!
If this does not resolve automatically in a few minutes, you might want to restart your node and try again.

Hope you can help me out

Patience is the key… how is it now?

Haha Thanks😅

Its syncing again

Hi Again Alex,

I got an error while trying to backup cntools on my local machine and when restoring on the server it shows an error while decrypting. It works when I restore it on the local machine but when I try on the server it show this error:

Thanks

Hi @mrjohn,

Are you sure your GPG password is correct?

Cheers.

Yes, I have tried on the local machine and it works

Did u managed to fix it?

No not working on the server

I think u can only decrypt into the same machine where it was encrypted… I think there are different keys encryption/decryption

Just tried to restore it without encrypting and it still didnt work

but, the path for the file is correct? where is your bkp file, inside priv folder?

yes you are correct, it is in the priv folder

@Alexd1985 , Can you help me out with this error?

when I try to import my ledger S

error

When I try sudo apt install cardano-hw-cli

I get the error

E: Unable to locate package cardano-hw-cli

I have used prereqs.sh -w succesfully, but when I return to cntools I get the same error as on the image

Hope you can help me out

Is it ur local server right? Not from cloud?

yes it is on the local :smiley:

try cd ${HOME}/.cabal/bin

ls -l

Do u see cardano-hw-cli ?