Problem building transactions in the cli --address: Failed reading: takeWhile1

I am doing the same steps as a video tutorial but it gives me an error here, sorry if the error is obvious but I am noob
problema02

Hi!

First, display your address with cat payment.addr
if it is not working then locate your file with locate payment.addr
so if you have the full path to your payment.addr then use it in the command:
cardano-cli query utxo --address $(cat /home/user/cardano/payment.addr) --testnet-magic 1097911063
note that --mary-era flag is not needed anymore… which guide are you following?

This guide

I don’t have a cardano wallet on my computer, but I have the producer node installed

still saying the same thing
“Get the node’s current utxo with the option of filtering by address”

Hi!

Can you please share the entire output of the command?

From your error message, it appears payment.addr is a directory, not a regular file. As @laplasz said, you could find the file with locate payment.addr (after sudo updatedb) or with

$ find . -name payment.addr -type f

problema_02_2

Hello
Have you authenticated your account?

try a simple command - cardano-cli query tip --testnet-magic 1097911063
this will give back the actual status of the synced blockchain

problema02_03

Now appear that

good so next command is: echo $CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH
btw, have you started the cardano-node?

Have you got a node running ? Did you define the environment variable CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH ?

I started the cardano-node.service but when I start cardano-node run appear that

I don’t think so, how can I define the environment variable CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH ?

Follow this instruction how to start a relay node properly (official docs):
https://docs.cardano.org/projects/cardano-node/en/latest/stake-pool-operations/start_your_nodes.html
command to setup the env file:
export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=/path/to/node/socket/node.socket

You could check with the echo command given by @laplasz and to define it you could do it in the current shell for test and once you’re sure, you can add the proper definition to your ~/.bashrc file, provided you’re using bash (default shell on many distributions).

but what is the proper definition?

It depends on your setup, my current definition will not help you because I’m leveraging the node from Daedalus on mainnet but you could look for the file cardano-node.socket with locate, then

export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=/path/to/cardano-node.socket

However it’s possible that you will give it another name when you start the node. For that you’ll have to refer to the doc. First thing first, you should start with running the node as @laplasz indicated.

it is a better section on how to start a passive node:
https://docs.cardano.org/projects/cardano-node/en/latest/stake-pool-operations/getConfigFiles_AND_Connect.html