Relay node in starting for ages

Hello,

The relay node is not syncing, it has starting status and does not change for a long time…(days)…

The relay bash script initializer seems to get stuck and the relay does not receive any data…

Seems to get stuck in this line and nothing more happens, there is no more information retrieved by the journalctl log…any idea what could be the issue?

Type free -m and share the output

also type sudo systemctl restart cardano-node
journalctl -e -f -u cardano-node

Do u see any killed message?

Thanks for the answer…

Here is the output of free -m…

And to the journal…

No killed message…memory is not full, and RAM+swap should be enough…

I think you will need to increase the swap file to at least 4G

Oh, might be, how can I do that in a way that I do not destroy all the rest? I increased it to 2Gb a long time ago…

try

sudo swapoff /swapfile
sudo fallocate -l 4G /swapfile
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
free -m

to make the configuration persistent type

sudo nano /etc/fstab

and add the line at the end (as a new line)

/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0

save the file and check in glive

1 Like

Thanks dude for the guidance…I change it to 8G, just in case…

Now I have to wait I guess to see what happens…but for now, seems still get stuck…does not seem to move from this line, as before…

And mem is showing now…

type sudo systemctl status cnode, what is the uptime
and type top and check if the CPU is ~100% for cardano-node process

1 Like

top…seems memory is almost 100%, but somehow the swap is not even 25%…should work well, doesn’t it? CPU is never larger than 20%…

The output of systemctl…

When I execute glive, it doesn’t show up anything, black screen…somehow the swap seems to be available but not used by the process so it exhausts the memory…what could be the reason?

try to restart the node

sudo systemctl restart cardano-node

1 Like

I did it again. Let’s see. Thanks for the support mate.
It is saying starting, but seems now the CPU is over 100%…(i.e., 103.3 in the screenshot below and memory not even 1.4%)

I will update the thread in a while, I will give it some time to react…

1 Like

After 4.5 hours is still going, seems that is syncing, but the memory usage is quite high, the terminal goes really slow and glive interface is not even showing up when I call it, just a black screen, I guess trying to load the program but quite saturated…any suggestion to help on this performance issue?

But seems to slowly syncing, the journalctl log is retrieving the blockchain data…