Report a YouTube fraud/ give away scam video

I really don’t want to get into details, but i’ll give you this example and I’m out!

I have a fraudster friend/colleague/close person/relatively close person, which tells me, “hey jpsrrv give me your adress I’ll send you some ada!”, and then the route COULD be established. Am I a fraudster? Can you understand the ramifications of legally disputes on this subject?

Bottom line, if you can’t handle the game, don’t play it.

Cheers

P.S. All I’m talking about is hipothetical.

1 Like

sneeuwvlokje…en dan nog van antwerpen ook nog

1 Like

You can try to reach out to these guys - https://www.coinfirm.com/products/reclaim-crypto/.

Apart form that these kind of scams are nothing new, the only way they differ from a traditional phishing scam, is in the format - a livestream on Youtube with stolen content from a creditable source. I’m baffled that people actually fall for these “Give me your money, and I’ll give you more in return”. We’re talking about valuable assets. No doubt that the scams are horrible, which just confirms that cynical people with little to no moral exist, but to me the lack of skepticism when faced with scams like these are a lot more concerning. You have to ask yourself on which incentive anyone would give away Ada for free.

Trying to blame this on IOHK, CH or Cardano Foundation is just pathetic, but seems like, for some, a way to project the responsibility for losing theirs funds.

2 Likes

Totally agree with your assessment - the scam should be obvious, but then there are also very trusting and naive parties out there - like me for example. I lost 25,000 ADA to one of these scams and I accept full responsibility for my own mistake. I’m close to 70 years old and not much of a technical person, but still believe that in a truly honest and open network, run by some of the smartest developers on the planet, there must be a way to at least blacklist and/or disable the offending accounts to prevent others from being victimized. Even legacy banks can close fraudulent accounts.

My cardano was suddenly sent to this address and I don’t know why…can anyone help or explain…

Hi @frznfrg ,

I’m so sorry to hear that. Could you give more information?

• Which wallet did you use? Is it an official one (Daedalus or Yoroi)?
  • Do you use hardware wallet to add more protection (Ledger Nano S or Trezor)?
  • Did you install Daedalus Android app (scam app) in your mobile?
  • Did your computer get hacked?
  • Did somebody else know your seed phrase?

Please read this also, to avoid any scam

If you know the Transaction ID, you could check the detail transaction in Cardano Explorer

• Which wallet did you use? Is it an official one (Daedalus or Yoroi)? I’m using Daedalus
  • Do you use hardware wallet to add more protection (Ledger Nano S or Trezor)?No
  • Did you install Daedalus Android app (scam app) in your mobile?No
  • Did your computer get hacked?I don’t know. I have Norton Internet security
  • Did somebody else know your seed phrase?No one.

I recently mining uplexa coin in this PC using my CPU and downloaded xmRIG-UPX-v0.2.0 miner and exclude it in my norton antivirus…Is my PC hacked?

Might be. Because if you use official Daedalus wallet and not installing the scam mobile app + no one know your seed phrase → I don’t have any other idea other than your computer get hacked or somebody else know your seed phrase.

That’s why it’s better to pair your Daedalus wallet with Ledger/Trezor for additional security (they need to have approval from the hardware wallet to do any transaction).

Maybe some member could help you with this.

I just started mining uplexa coin few days ago and today actually I did not mine using CPU but only my RX550 on same PC. I’m stunned how fast they can get in to my Daedalus wallet if my PC is hacked. My seed phrase is in my sandisk vault and protected with password. It happened about 7 hours ago and no one opened my Daedalus wallet.

Is there any way to recover my ADA coins?

Sadly no. It’s gone :pensive:

My seed phrase is in my sandisk vault and protected with password. → never ever put it in a storage (harddisk, USB, cloud). You need to write it down in a paper.

I’d recommend writing the recovery phase and storing it very securely (fireproof safe, safety deposit box, etc). Saving it to a file is an open invite for hackers, accidentally deleting it, harddrive failure, etc. → someone wrote it in reddit

I’ve seen Charles video warning and I know about the scam. I’ve checked the Transaction ID. See below. I really don’t know how this is possible.

Received Time > 8 hours ago (2021-03-17 10:14:10 UTC)

Included In Epoch 254, Block 5472228

Confirmations 1292

Transaction ID a77471652899ce6ff8361489cb967d7d34bd1276fb47f9cdbeea493e19948106

From addresses addr1qxap6nj3z0j…4glm8y7frs9qkjd5 25.541654 ADA

addr1qyzlh7nfsc9…4glm8y7frs3apwrq 1499.260069 ADA

addr1qykuu34yql8…4glm8y7frsajdkxy 1499.8 ADA

stake1u8efwv7yww…650anj0y3crpt0jt 59.753375 ADA

To addresses addr1q8nhaq9jgn0…g6kus3447qdzlsk4 3083 ADA

addr1qxgve72hmtz…4glm8y7frsylj70a

1.167641 ADA
Total Output
3084.167641 ADA
Transaction Fee
0.187457 ADA

I delegated all to Node 14. I don’t understand how Daedalus can easily be hacked…

Maybe it’s too late. But please read this article also

I am quite curious. Could you check if your spending password is still the same. Or the hacker changed it using your seed phrase. Thank you @frznfrg

It is not Daedalus that has been breached. If this is due to a breach, it is most certainly a breach of your system and the fact that you’d store your seed phrase digitally, which is NOT recommended.

1 Like

I forgot how to check the spending password…can you please help…only 1.16 ADA left on this wallet can I still check the spending password…

Yes, of course @frznfrg . Read this to verify your spending password → How to verify your spending password – IOHK Support

2nd option

Try to create another wallet. Try to send very small ADA. And test your spending password.

• Did you save your spending password also on your PC? (it may be breached by the hacker, if this is a yes)

I followed the instruction and it was successful. So it means my spending password is not compromised. I did not store or write it anywhere. I just memorize it. It’s is really very strange.

1 Like

A compromised seed phrase doesn’t affect the spending password. The spending password is just used for encrypting your seed phrase in the hot environment.

1 Like

I wish Daedalus could have been more protected like asking for 2FA on top of spending password. In this way I could have been alerted that someone access my wallet.