Report a YouTube fraud/ give away scam video

It has a telegram link to the scam. Interesting side note. The channel has a similar name to the CEO of IOHK.

1 Like

They have a transaction ticker going. They claim to be from the Cardano Foundation. Its a Scam giveaway of ADA.

Yes, Have reported this and many others as “spam or misleading” and now I get more than ever at the very top of my feed! reporting them seems to multiply them

I feel the same. It’s crazy, totally crazy.

I think that some password manager or something might have been hacked (infected with a keylogger perhaps) because there is a lot of old accounts (and big) doing these streams.

2 Likes

Well said
And what about the quantity of live viewers and subscribers?
Thousands and thousands appears to be watching live
Is Youtube being hacked or those are real numbers in some respect? :thinking:

1 Like

good question :grinning:

Old and new accounts:

As you can see a lot of Minecraft videos, is he hacked or did he sell the channel?

I have seem many channels with lots of videos having these streams now.
So there is some kind of hack that’s been going on.

I think that many channels have somehow been hacked.
So i think that this is a lot bigger problem then just crypto scams…

Let us get this garbage removed.

3 Likes

@precious_access fantastic to see you being proactive in the fight to stop these proliferating on the Web.

Another thing we can do in an effort to combat these, if we all could, when posting to inform others of these is to use a html <nofollow> tag before the link, this way we don’t give them link juice.

Thank you again for your contributing effort to stop these scammers it’s always great and refreshing to see proactive folks :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Wanna join the Ring @precious_access? We like your style :dark_sunglasses:.
You’re actualy in it already :smiley: .

1 Like

@precious_access please could you use <nofollow> html tag on any links thx :vulcan_salute:

EG

<a href="http://www.example.com/"rel="nofollow">Link text</a>

OR

<nofollow> http://www.example.com </nofollow>

2 Likes

Could you elaborate?

Censorship is lame. Why flag a word that is not really a word since it has * in it. This reply was flagged by someone. lol Hopefully this will not leak over to governance or ADA will not be real crypto.

Excuse me, I’m not following thx :vulcan_salute:, I’m just saying that if you post a link to a scam your giving Link juice to the scams to counteract this is to use the html tag mentioned above.

The link to the other thread was my elaboration.
What would you like to know @precious_access?

I got got scammed this monday with a fake cardano give away…
I know I’m not the only one…
let get together … try to get our crypto back

Did a little digging. The Fraudulent address I ended up sending money to is funneling their received deposits to the following address: [Ae2tdPwUPEZ6x…xoJBjVu3yP7W] (links to cardanoscan.io) (Address Ae2tdPwUPEZ6xYrxCgRDM2NQFM5oajHEoJN3i9ZVV2AbsbvxoJBjVu3yP7W - Cardanoscan).

As of this writing the balance on that address is: 63M. When I checked earlier it had 56M:

Funds ended at this destination:

Balance as of: Fri Feb 19 10:55:15 EST 2021
Balance 56,450,666.390958 ₳
Transaction Count 38540

Fri Feb 19 11:04:53 EST 2021
Balance 63,296,665.883433 ₳
Transaction Count 38557

What type of wallet address starts with Ae2? I know Shelley / Byron addresses start with addr1 and DdzFFz respectively.

Wow. I literally lost $9k because of one of these livestreams with giveaways. I’m heartbroken, was going to use that money to put towards my first home. I should’ve known better.