Retire stake-pool failes

Hey Guys,

After almost a year I need to retire my stake pool.

It was running a year ago for a few months - but for private reasons I could not “support” the pools as i wished.
Since the Servers were not “running” and removed allready I now re-build a core and relay node to retire my old pool.

Currently using CNTools I have added the wallet and pool informations (from the backuped files I had “cold-keys”)

The Wallet is showen with the correct address.
It says registered.
Correct ADA-amount.

Also sending/receiving transactions to another wallet or from another wallet is possible.

BUT - when i try to Update my POOL informations (since new relay node etc…) and/or retire my pool I receive following after trying to send the transaction:

Updateing Pool informations:

Select main owner/pledge wallet (normal CLI wallet)

Selected wallet: CLP (94.070872 Ada - delegated to CLP)
Owner #1 : CLP added!

Pool Update Transaction

Command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError ShelleyBasedEraBabbage (ApplyTxError [UtxowFailure (UtxoFailure (FromAlonzoUtxoFail (ValueNotConservedUTxO (Value 94070872 (fromList )) (Value 594070872 (fromList )))))])

ERROR: failure during pool modify!

Retire Pool:
Command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError ShelleyBasedEraBabbage (ApplyTxError [DelegsFailure (DelplFailure (PoolFailure (StakePoolNotRegisteredOnKeyPOOL (KeyHash “b0cf8bf58bcd5502d5538de801808f3040f051b7eb40bc3c9406b026”))))])

Do I miss something or how can I retire the pool?
Thank you for any help - cheers!

did u try cntools → pool → retire ?
what is the pool ticker?

base on your outputs it looks you are using wrong cold keys… did u had in the past more attempts to create the pool? maybe u generated more cold.keys (different pools) before to register CLP?

You should check the stake pool ID generated by the cold key like this:

cardano-cli stake-pool id --cold-verification-key-file cold.vkey --output-format "hex"

and make sure it is the ID of the stake pool you are trying to de-register.

I have done it in the past with the coincashew-guide.
Now I tried with CNTools.

Will go back to the coincashew-guide since the skey and vkey names are different.

Yes I also did some “tries” till it fully worked.

Those are the files (I think the latest) I had which should work?

Will test it with those - but as you said - I will test the outpot of the poolID.

Is the stake.skey/vkey same as the cold.skey/vkey from CNTools?

From my understanding the stake.vkey genereates the node.vkey - and the node.vkey should be like the “cold.vkey” from cntools or?

stake.x are the files for wallet

Thank you Alexd!!! :slight_smile:

cardano-cli stake-pool id --cold-verification-key-file cold.vkey --output-format “hex”

This was the solution.
I had (since tested a lot) a few “node.vkeys and node.skeys”.
Just tested with this query if I receive the right PoolID.
Afterwards it was like a charm re-activate (and also retire) the pool.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

You are welcome, :beers:

1 Like