Rewarding Our Community's Contributions

Yes, this is one of my biggest concerns, too. What source are you using to see the large holders? I glanced at the initial distribution charts a while back and monetary policy, but I haven’t spent much time focusing on the supply distribution. Is your 80% figure an estimate based on subtracting the IOHK/Cardano Foundation/Emurgo’s 20% or do you have a more precise source? If you have a good source that displays the largest holders, please share the link.

https://adatracker.com/richest - Binance wallet holds 3.55% of ADA currently and lets assume Bittrex is/was about the same. Let’s assume no more than 10% of ADA is actually trading and another 10% traded. There is my rough 80% number. Over time we’ll learn more about the major wallet holders, but my guess is given this currently heavy weight by the early members and Japanese holders, their influence will be considerable in the direction the staking payouts and thus the community takes.

Over the coming weeks we’ll be pulling out more stats at adatracker.com, with a goal showcasing the “state of the network”.

Our hope in building the block explorer is that the incentives for putting work into this community project will be sufficient to continue building in the ecosystem. We’ve taken some risk by building before incentive structures are released, but in meeting with people like @jonmoss I know that the Foundation is looking at the best communities that exist today.

5 Likes

Good find @lovelacepool :smiley:
I’m learning something new every day in this forum!

I really appreciate this @lovelacepool. That’s a useful interface to the blockchain. Thank you for sharing it! You inspired me to submit this post.

3 Likes

Salut Sébastien @SebastienGllmt Do you have any link / source regarding IOHK funding?
Thanks

Salut :slight_smile:
You can see how much they made in funding from https://www.cardanohub.org/en/genesis-block-distribution/
Note that on top of all the Bitcoin they raised, they also kept 20% (5,185,414,108 ADA) between IOHK, Emurgo and the Cardano Foundation

1 Like