Since LiveView is Down and gLiveview won't work for me, is there a way to see if peers are connected and TXs are increasing? Screenshots Included

Hello everyone!

As title states, I can only use simple view at the moment until i get gLiveView to work.
I’m looking at simple view And I’ll include a screenshot of both my BP and Relay node side by side. BP on left, relay on right.

Does this mean that TX is increasing? Is there a way to check this without a dashboard? Any help would be appreciated.

You need to check on BP if Keys are fine

curl localhost:12798/metrics | grep -i KES

and look for the following line item:

cardano_node_Forge_metrics_remainingKESPeriods_int xx

the “xx” integer displayed reflects the remaining valid KES periods (1 KES period = 1.5 days)

Check this script

@Alexd1985 The first script you gave me doesnt run properly, and the script does not detect my block producer node.

Not detecting its a block producer

Script doesnt return information, any suggestions?

On BP edit env file… delete # to activate the lines for runnin as a corenode and replace TEST NAME with your folder name…

You can find the name :
cd $CNODE_HOME/priv/pool
ls -l

ENV file in where? There is no env file except for the one used by gliveview which I deleted

cd $CNODE_HOME/scripts

What files are here?

None, have the coin cashew file architecture. https://www.coincashew.com/coins/overview-ada/guide-how-to-build-a-haskell-stakepool-node
If I do need a script I just put it in the file I need it.

cat > $NODE_HOME/startBlockProducingNode.sh

Can u put the output?

You can just look at the file architecture link for script.

cat > $NODE_HOME/startBlockProducingNode.sh << EOF

#!/bin/bash

DIRECTORY=$NODE_HOME

PORT=6000

HOSTADDR=0.0.0.0

TOPOLOGY=${DIRECTORY}/${NODE_CONFIG}-topology.json

DB_PATH=${DIRECTORY}/db

SOCKET_PATH=${DIRECTORY}/db/socket

CONFIG=${DIRECTORY}/${NODE_CONFIG}-config.json

cardano-node run --topology ${TOPOLOGY} --database-path ${DB_PATH} --socket-path ${SOCKET_PATH} --host-addr ${HOSTADDR} --port ${PORT} --config ${CONFIG}

EOF

Ok, you didn’t add the key informations path here…

KES=${DIRECTORY}/kes.skey

VRF=${DIRECTORY}/vrf.skey

CERT=${DIRECTORY}/node.cert

You need to create the keys, certifications first

Theres nothing wrong with the script, I’ve been minting blocks for past three epochs…

Check the date of file startBlockProducingNode.sh has been modified recently?

I checked the guide from coin cashew and it’s saying:

Update your startup script with the new KES, VRF and Operation Certificate.

block producer node

block producer node

cat > $NODE_HOME/startBlockProducingNode.sh << EOF

DIRECTORY=$NODE_HOME

PORT=6000

HOSTADDR=0.0.0.0

TOPOLOGY=${DIRECTORY}/${NODE_CONFIG}-topology.json

DB_PATH=${DIRECTORY}/db

SOCKET_PATH=${DIRECTORY}/db/socket

CONFIG=${DIRECTORY}/${NODE_CONFIG}-config.json

cardano-node run --topology ${TOPOLOGY} --database-path ${DB_PATH} --socket-path ${SOCKET_PATH} --host-addr ${HOSTADDR} --port ${PORT} --config ${CONFIG} --shelley-kes-key ${KES} --shelley-vrf-key ${VRF} --shelley-operational-certificate ${CERT}

EOF

Ah I see. That very well could be it since I updated the config files

Wait thats not it because I had the later script. So everything is updates. All in all my TXs are increasing and I do have peers so beyond that what can I do

Only problem is that simple view script wont detect my block producer node which is unfortunate.

Do you have this files on main directory?
If YES update your script, restart the node and check again

cardano-node run --topology ${TOPOLOGY} --database-path ${DB_PATH} --socket-path ${SOCKET_PATH} --host-addr ${HOSTADDR} --port ${PORT} --config ${CONFIG} --shelley-kes-key ${KES} --shelley-vrf-key ${VRF} --shelley-operational-certificate ${CERT}

Did all of that so now we do wait and see again?

If you updated the script you can stop the node, start again and see what is saying

cardano-node run --topology {TOPOLOGY} --database-path {DB_PATH} --socket-path {SOCKET_PATH} --host-addr {HOSTADDR} --port {PORT} --config {CONFIG} --shelley-kes-key {KES} --shelley-vrf-key {VRF} --shelley-operational-certificate ${CERT}

Think that was it!

Of course :)) glade you solved it!