Slot leader but not adopted?

when I run this command
cardano-cli text-view decode-cbor --in-file /node.cert | grep int | head,
I am getting the value as
02 # int(2)
19 01 8b # int(395)
and the node.counter value is 3. Is this correct ?

Yes, now is fine… and yes u will need to restart the node

One thing I realized after I posted is that I created the KES with an older version of cardano-cli so I updated the KES with new one cardano-cli version 1.33.0. Our pool hasn’t been elected since the new KES has been applied so waiting to see if that works. POOL TICKER:- MARS

1 Like

should not be an issue using an old cardano-cli version…

Currently it shows the following after replacing the new KES. Is there anything else I can check if KES is okay?

Go to adapools.org → search for your pool → blocks and check last value of op cert

The new number 05 looks right based on the last block produced by the pool.

1 Like

Yes, 5 is > 3

The problem was with 04 KES.

For some reason even though the block was produced it wasn’t adopted. If you look at my first screenshot the error was InvalidKESSignature. Wish there was a concrete way to know the KES will work instead of waiting for the next block to be produced to really know…

use the right arrow and share the all error

Unfortunately, I don’t see that error any longer as I performed a node resync.

ok, but if you look to the date (when you rotated the KES) which files were updated ?

To give you a little bit of background of how the events happened.

1. When on 3rd KES, when I had three days more left for expiry, the 1st block wasn’t adopted even though the BP produced it.
  2. Noticing the above problem, I updated to the 4th KES and upgraded the node(As LiveView was complaining that I was still on an older version). Then, despite the new KES and the node upgrade still couldn’t get the 2nd block adopted.
  3. Then I upgraded to 1.33.0, re-synced both BPN and RN, regenerated 5th KES and applied.

I will check the files updated on the BP node and R node and share the info in sometime.

Hi @Alexd1985, the files that were updated recently are 1. kes.skey 2. kes.vkey 3. node.cert.

In the process of rotating the KES, I only replaced node.cert, will the kes.skey and kes.vkey get updated as part of updating node.cert?

Also had the same problem today and below is the error.

[2022-02-03 11:29:16.24 UTC] Invalid block 3f54eb27da6754b8148bc51487da261f37006f30b092232ecb4e04c5ce8709ae at slot 52321465: ExtValidationErrorHeader (HeaderProtocolError (HardForkValidationErrFromEra S (S (S (S (Z (WrapValidationErr {unwrapValidationErr = ChainTransitionError [OverlayFailure (OcertFailure (InvalidKesSignatureOCERT 403 390 13 "Reject"))]})))))))
Feb 03 05:29:16 [2022-02-03 11:29:16.24 UTC] fromList [("val",Object (fromList [("kind",String "TraceForgedInvalidBlock"),("reason",Object (fromList [("error",Object (fromList [("error",Object (fromList [("failures",Array [Object (fromList [("error",String "Reject"),("kind",String "InvalidKesSignatureOCERT"),("opCertExpectedKESEvolutions",String "13"),("opCertKESCurrentPeriod",String "403"),("opCertKESStartPeriod",String "390")])]),("kind",String "ChainTransitionError")])),("kind",String "HeaderProtocolError")])),("kind",String "ValidationError")])),("slot",Number 5.2321465e7)])),("credentials",String "Cardano")]
  • check the hash of the vrf file and compare with the hash from cardanoscan.io
    if both match then:
  • generate new pair of KES
  • rename the old certificate ( do not delete yet)
  • generate a new certificate with the new KES
  • if a new file was generated, then delete the old one ( or keep it renamed) and paste the new one (which has been created)

cheers,

@Alexd1985 on cardanoscan.io
Vrf Hash
2f664028cb9923680d9e523396b39afa0999630bfd2b92675bfa89b69b328b64

is different from what is in vrf.skey(I intentionally masked the characters in cborHex)

“cborHex”: “58409e…40d59767”. Do you think this might be the issue?

Yes, both vrf should match

cardano-cli node key-hash-VRF --verification-key-file vrf.vkey --out-file vrf.hash

if this in not the same with the hash from cardanoscan.io then send a new certificate

Thank you @Alexd1985

The hash are actually the same. I tried using the command you provided.

In the logs it says “(“opCertExpectedKESEvolutions”,String “13”)” my KES counter was at 5, so rotated it until it says the following.

Fingers crossed!!!

It was ok even with 5 because last number used (if u go to adapoools.org → blocks ) was 3… I will sugest to create a new file node.cert