So far, I have updated six servers to 1.26.1 and am noting something strange with all six after the update. I like to leave .gLiveView open on the servers and now when I go back and check on them after a period of time I see that .gLiveView is closed with the following error:
COULD NOT CONNECT TO A RUNNING INSTANCE, 3 FAILED ATTEMPTS IN A ROW!
When I re-open .gLiveView the “Uptime” does not show that the node went down and there are no strange errors in the journal log.
Anyone experiencing the same or have any ideas why this is happening?
I have seen an increase of this on my 1.26.1 upgraded nodes as well. More so than with any past node versions. I wonder if the node is disconnecting from the network ever so slightly but then reconnecting almost immediately. I did lose one block today at almost the exact same time that the “could not connect message” occurred, I was scheduled to mint a block but the block was not minted. Strange. Maybe others will notice this as well and then we’ll see if it is a common problem.
Quick update: I updated TraceMemPool to “false” on one of my servers a few hours ago where this was happening frequently before and it has not happened since. I will let it run overnight and report back…
Another update - that node where I updated the TraceMemPool config has run all night with zero interruptions. Looks like this might be the solution - I’ll be making the update on all my nodes this morning.