Update from 1.25.1 to 1.26.1 done but gLiveView showing 1.25.1

Hi all,

First of all congratulation to all of you for your very efficient support and clear installations instructions/documentation. It’s really a great job you are doing here!!!

Now my little problem.
I updated only my relay node from 1.25.1 to 1.26.1 (Compiling on another node), copying the bin files to /usr/local/bin and updating the topologyUpdater.sh.
My relay-node is starting and running fine with no specific error, but I am not sure the update was correct as I don’t seem to have had the DB update step done.
When I start gLiveView.sh it’s showing me:

Cardano Node - (Relay - Mainnet) : 1.25.1 [9a7331cc] <

So to resume I don’t have any specific error to give here except that I am not sure the DB update happened and if I run back the 1.25.1 version, then gLiveView doesn’t start and ask me to update to 1.26.1 as when I am running 1.26.1 version it’s starts but show me 1.25.1.

I hope I am clear :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance.

Make sure cardno-node —version and Cardano-cli —version both return as 1.26.1.

Also try:
which cardano-node
which cardano-cli

That will tell you the path of the running process. Your 1.25.1 node might be in another bin location and you’ll need to replace that binary for the upgrade to 1.26.1

-Sully

Sully,

Thank you and sorry you were right.
The cardano-node was still 1.25.1 :frowning:
I probably made a mistake when I copied it and I should have seen it as the binary file size were equal.

Now the DB is in updating process.
Sorry for the disturbance and thanks again.

1 Like

Great! I did the same thing myself. Glad it was an easy fix. Feel free to mark a solution to the topic to close it out.

for different cases of installation, maybe that can help you

sudo cp $(find HOME/git/cardano-node/dist-newstyle/build -type f -name "cardano-node") /usr/local/bin/cardano-node sudo cp (find $HOME/git/cardano-node/dist-newstyle/build -type f -name “cardano-cli”) /usr/local/bin/cardano-cli

or
cp -p dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.10.4/cardano-node-1.26.1/x/cardano-node/build/cardano-node/cardano-node ~/.local/bin/

cp -p dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.10.4/cardano-cli-1.26.1/x/cardano-cli/build/cardano-cli/cardano-cli ~/.local/bin/

for the last 2 commands, just check the GHC version you are running on this path folder.

@tsipou
Thank you for the information …

1 Like