The Cardano Foundation’s stance on stake pool advertisement
Our valued community now runs more than 1,000 stake pools—a healthy sign of decentralization and the increasing stability of the Cardano blockchain.
We want to support our stake pool operators, but as a Foundation, our channels must remain impartial. The recent rise in stake pool advertising and promotion prompts us to kindly remind our community that any kind of such activity is not permitted on Cardano Foundation owned channels.
Our channels, including social media networks, are a platform to discuss the future and development of Cardano, to share and inspire ideas in the spirit of collaboration, and also to learn from each other and help the community flourish.
We would be grateful if our community would be mindful of the following:
- Cardano Forum Code of Conduct;
- Reddit Cardano Rules;
- Cardano Facebook Group Rules from the Admins;
- Telegram Cardano Official Community Rules.
All stake pool advertisements and promotional content will be removed.
Keeping it ad-free
Everyone loves ad-free internet, and this extends to our community. But we aren’t here to stifle innovation and the proliferation of stake pools. So, what is allowed on our official channels, including social media networks, in regards to stake pool names?
- Display names including pool names and ticker(s), e.g.” John Doe [JDOE]”;
- Written references to your stake pool(s) in video or blog descriptions;
- Splash screen or logo(s) containing the stake pool name/references with a duration of no longer than three seconds.
Thank you for your understanding and for helping to keep our community inclusive and impartial for all participants.
Please note, the Cardano Foundation reserves the right to change these rules at any time at its discretion.