Traxia no longer for Cardano

I’m open for my mind to be changed, but blind belief won’t do it. Show me facts, what have they done to earn such loyalty from you? Simply because you’ve invested in them?

I should’ve kept my words between us, I did not stick around to discuss cause I was very angered about your comment, Traxia in my opinion is a big loss to our platform, but I’m sure another project will replace them later.

1 Like

I have no crypto holdings worth mentioning, I think they create a distraction, I don’t want to get into it Sean, your entitled to your opinion, I over reacted last night for reasons I think are valid.

1 Like

Perfect. Now kiss guys, and move on /s. :wink:

2 Likes

@DaCooz can this be circumvented? I only use binance and don’t trust coinbase.

I’m looking at the magnum wallet which appears to work with the Ledger Nano devices. Still looking into it but at work now so gonna be some time before I can try it.

1 Like

It’s just the DEX, I believe.

1 Like

Yes just the DEX.

2 Likes

I did, I only have 5001 tmt. I put them on my my eth binance addressvi think I fucked up :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sorry for getting a little off-topic here. Highly unlikely, a DEX communicates via the blockchain. Which IP address should it ban? This would make no sense.

But a website (Binance) that communicates for you with the DEX could ban you. Means you can not access Binance or Binance DEX but you could use a wallet or a different website that communicates directly with Binance DEX.

EDIT: tweet from CZ
https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1135434923970457601

3 Likes

I just created a Binance Chain wallet using Magnum. I input my 24 word phrase I received at Binance.org into my Magnum Binance Chain wallet. I then copied that address to the last step of the Traxia whitelist.

1 Like

I live near Rochester NY of the USA. This is the message I get before I unlock my Binance Chain wallet:

It seems you are accessing www.binance.org from an IP address belonging to one of the following countries:

United States of America, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Congo (DRC), Côte d’Ivoire, Crimea, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Japan, North Korea, Liberia, Macedonia, Myanmar, Serbia, Sudan, Syria, Zimbabwe.

Please note that by 1 July 2019 (UTC 00:00), trading and accessing to the wallet interface through www.binance.org will no longer be available to users with IP address from the countries listed above.

For alternatives and solutions, please see this document

I understand

So I restored that wallet through https://magnumwallet.co/

1 Like

People must be pragmatic in their analysis!

Its not about Traxia! I really dont give a f**k yet we owe to ourselves some integrity once we analyse something!
Traxia has every right to change if they wish ( how they have this option after receiving funding from EMURGO escape my understanding, i won´t comment on that! ) and totally legitimate, why ?

Cardano is too slow. PERIOD!
And intelligence is not exclusive to IOHK and that is the truth, now as we all love Cardano, sometimes COGNITIVE DISSONANCE blind us!

This is the truth!

4 Likes

Cognitive dissonance I agree. Cardano is not served well by having only yes people in the face of obstacles. We need to talk about and tackle the problems.

4 Likes

Exactly @Eystein_Hansen … this is how we grow!!

1 Like

There are alway different schools of thought. Charles is of the thought process that you MUST put out as perfect a product as humanly possible. This mind set includes the justification of enterprise opportunities need a commercial and virtually perfect product. A second thought process it get the product out the door and capture as much business as possible early and offer them caveats and all the support necessary to mend any problems quickly. For many this approach while having it’s problems also has very significant benefits. People get to work together to resolve problems and while it may sound odd there is a psychological effect called “TRAUMA BONDING”. In crisis people working together bond and grow a close connection. They can also become the very worst of enemies.

EOS is one of those companies where the founders have a very good idea, throw a bunch of crap on the wall and it works well enough for their customers. Some times and actually many times that is all that is really necessary. Just keep that customer happy. On the other side there are tip top companies that would not touch EOS. Those companies have too much at stake to put their product in that system if and when they can have a far more secure blockchain.

Both approaches have merit.

Charles has opted for the approach of providing as near perfect a product as possible. His customer isn’t John and Jane Doe, it’s the government of Mongolia, India and the government of Ethiopia and 24 other African countries. These relationships require a much more sophisticated Blockchain and a MUCH more sophisticated Sales Approach… He’s working with Governments and significant Corporate heads. Therein is the difference between ADA and EOS. You can put it together.

The one constant problem that always exists is from delays which can be related to poor management of skills, assets and/or time as examples. In another of my lives I sold medical equipment. I had a multi million dollar order based on a new system that was demonstrated to the customer at the Factory. The customer wanted that specific system of surgery lights. They had a hospital being built. It also had issues relative to timing. Delays could cost tens of thousands and even millions of dollars. They waited 90 days. It’s all they could do. They went with another companies product.

My point is, there are situations unrelated to people specifically. Timing. The Hospital managed to arrange a 90 day window. Our manufacturer could not meet the deadline. Complications from both sides took control and we all lost.

My concern is that Cardano may face many such situations, where many folks are ready to deploy now and Cardano just isn’t ready. Timing. And that IS a Problem. In government situations if you fail to meet objectives you affect the respect officials receive from others around and above them. Embarrassing these people is bad juju.

3 Likes

It seems possible there will be a number of weak buyers who may decide to leave Cardano due to layers of unfortunate news like Traxia and another Shelly delay etc…

I’m betting business’s do not wish to play around on a tesnet when they could be operating their business on another blockchain that works fine for their needs and allows them to acquire customers and grow revenue.

I suspect this is what happens when the blockchain is all important and the value of the token is relegated to an after thought.

Rob, this is the first time I’ve had this thought, but I am starting to have some doubts about Cardano. I sure hope there is some traction soon and i’m not even thinking about price. I’m relating these comments to the build. Something is not right. They are trying way too hard to provide all this public information as full disclosure. I’m betting there are a number of potential partners who do not like these delays and they are looking elsewhere. Business’s always have to have a fallback a second solution at least.

I like the fact that for each TMT we hold, we will be given 10 TM2.

1 Like

As long as you remember the tokens total goes up ten times too!

1 Like

Yeah true lol