Unable to setup AWS server

Hi everyone, I’m VERY new to the whole idea of running a stake pool but trying to diligently go through the stake pool school. I have a few questions.

1. In the “setup a server on AWS” video, the caption says “To complete this course you need a Linux System. If you have a computer running linux you are all set to start setting up your node.” I have a computer running Linux, how would I go about setting up a node? Simply follow the next section and download the node to that laptop? Maybe I’m not understanding exactly how a server provider is the same as the Linux running laptop I have.
  2. When I follow the video to create an AWS instance, and get to connecting to my instance, this is what I get:
    Tylers-Air:~ tylerkosmas$ ssh -i “Relay.pem” ec2-user@ec2-3-143-238-182.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com
    Warning: Identity file Relay.pem not accessible: No such file or directory.
    ec2-user@ec2-3-143-238-182.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).
    Tylers-Air:~ tylerkosmas$ chmod 400 Relay.pem
    chmod: Relay.pem: No such file or directory
    Tylers-Air:~ tylerkosmas$ ssh -i “Relay.pem” ec2-user@ec2-3-143-238-182.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com
    Warning: Identity file Relay.pem not accessible: No such file or directory.
    ec2-user@ec2-3-143-238-182.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).
    Tylers-Air:~ tylerkosmas$

Maybe I’m in way over my head here but I’m very determined to learn what I need to learn. Help a newb out:)

You’ll compile everything on the server.

I suggest you go through the Coincashew tutorial. Also, some Linux administration skills are needed. It’s not required, but without those it’ll be much harder to understand everything.

Regarding the pem. Do a ls in that directory and see if you have the Relay.pem file as it cannot find it.

This is the official AWS guide on how to ssh to an EC2 instance:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/connection-prereqs.html

I think you should follow this guide to a degree. It maybe out-dated a bit but it seems aligned when your current experience level : 1. How to setup a Linux server on AWS. Stake Pool Course | Cardano Developer Portal

And probably stick to testnet for now til you’re comfortable enough switching over to mainnet and occurring the additional cost to run a pool.

Thank you, unfortunately I was using the instructions from that stake pool school and that is where I ran into my issue.
I definitely plan on spending a significant amount of time on the test net before moving to mainnet(if ever).