What happens if a Catalyst winner doesn't deliver

We are again close to the next Catalyst snapshot. Best of luck to all the proposals.

As my title, what happens if a Catalyst winner doesn’t deliver and simply run away with the money (probably Dubai!)? Is there a governance in place for this? Who actually checks if the project is being delivered or at least developed? Are there any penalties? Who does checks and balances?

There has been a lot of encouragement to participate and submit proposals but I haven’t found any clarification if one does commit some sort of fraud.

Maybe @danny_cryptofay or @Felix_Weber can answer to this question :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, Our project is in Catalyst right now (thanks for the well wishes haha).
The funding would be split into a monthly budget, and for the assessment rounds, auditability / progress tracking is a category! I Would assume that should it be clear that one isnt developing what was promised, funding will cease. I have not read specifics yet either, however.

First and foremost I would hope that proposers are operating with ethics, however i’m not sure the extent or weighting of any checks and balances. Would be cool to know though, ideed.

1 Like

Nothing happens. The guy who runs WAVE and SKY pools got catalyst funding to add chat to PoolTool over a year ago. Notice SKY is no longer listed as part of PoolTool.

1 Like

Did he actually receive the funding? And if he did is Cardano actually doing anything to avoid this happening in the future? Otherwise it’s a big waste and also unfair to those Catalyst projects genuinely wanting to be developed. How can one improve on this?

2 Likes

There are several movements in the community to improve this process.
Please see this post if interested and share abroad! Thanks!