What percent (%) of your crypto holding is Cardano?

Got a little bit of Omisego as well…

Here is to hoping we are not the Betamax of Crypto. I called blu ray correctly so I’m optimistic.

4 Likes

Are there other ones that are better? I was not aware of any. I am 150% ADA, -10% BTC, -20% ETH, and -20% EOS.

1 Like

ADA investments are locked aside for the next few years. I am just sad I did not pick this around when it 2 to 9 cents :sob:

1 Like

I have 14%of my investment in ADA, and would not sell it till 2025.

3 Likes

The fact you are smart in aa management and are factoring in “competitive environment” in crypto are hugely to your credit!

But if you take a deep dive into evolutionary mechanics with that intellect, look at the math! Charles D successfully proved survival of the most flexible ! Like you said! Hence, DNA has taken the world by storm.

In the “math space” and “programming space”. Ada is literally the most flexible. You may find that the works of Alonzo Church and Kurt Godel are to the digital future what DNA was to the pre-life era. 100% verifiable and reliable, and more importantly, maximally flexible given those base level demands.

Not trying to make a case for you to change your aa(asset allocation). Just hoping to point out just how revolutionarily adaptable their models were and are (embodied in Ada). If there is any true truth in the universe, it is that a church machine will be 100% trustworthy.

Can many coins claim that?

In my lowly opinion, trust and reliability (aka “robustness / resiliency” ) are what determines if an organism will win.

Predicting bio-evolutionary winners is , like you say, a guessing game, because we can’t trust that we know the core of a species’ adaptability , nor can we know all the environmental parameters, so to speak.

But we CAN , ALWAYS trust a church paradigm, in fact , the degree of which can mathematically be proven.

??is there any higher level?? It might not be possible in this spacetime.

Food for thought :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’re probably all very positive about Cardano and its potential here. Yet, quoting the ‘life philosopher’ Mike Tyson: ‘everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth:wink:, life has this little knack of always turning out differently then you had originally planned. Rigid plans rarely work out very well in complex systems. How many of the potentially life-changing opportunities that you were confronted with in your life were the result of strict planning, foreseeable (and for that, comfortable)? It is very likely that the ultimate winners in this space will surprise almost everyone, as will the effects on society that this development will have. Diversifying is common sense. Take smart risks, adapt as you move along, learn, stay open and flexible, but stay aligned to the values that you hold dear.

Because I started with Eth in the first half of last year (later then I should have :slightly_smiling_face:), and never put in more than what a botched up clunker would cost (the type I drive), and haven’t readjusted yet, ADA is still around 10% now. I’ll realign to probably 30% later when I feel the time is right. If I would start now it’d probably be around 50% ADA, depending on how things develop, I might still go that way (am more interested in the social/ political/ economic implications of the blockchain then in cashing in). I like Cardano, and will support and try to stay the course with Cardano. But who knows what’ll get thrown at us…

5 Likes

To tell the truth, I did dive into evolutionary mechanics some years ago, as I did some Masters in the UK, just for fun.
My model was very oversimplified, and I did not want to dig deep into that evolutionary analogy as the each of the related fields are much more complicated than just write some sentences in this blog.

Interesting, I studied CompSci/Eng in the Uni and have never heard of these two scientists. I studied Turing model and other related areas of mathematics a lot. It seems that it was my home country’s Education System’s bad, as they preferred to teach the Neumman’s model instead. So, you just gave me some homework.
Did you mean “…RNA was to the pre-life era…”?

Yes, that’s fine, but do not forget the probability of some common, unexpected and even theoretical events, that can be fatal to any crypto species or even to the whole space itself.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I have about 5% and is going to add more

5.25% exactly :slight_smile:

Looking to increase though…

About 60% but increasing my NEO holdings as they seem to be growing fast -downloaded an update this morning and my GAS are growing every day. I will buy a lot more ADA once I see some actual software release dates - at the moment we are seeing nothing, not even updates-lots of amazing interviews, selfies and frustration over the Daedalus wallet. Being told of the complete rewrite of Daedalus didn’t help! Just an update now and then would help guys but the only direct contact we get is through this weekly forum. I’m confident ADA will get there though - the planning, concepts and architecture are just so amazing for this to fail.

1 Like

Thank you for the response and the corrections … yeah I meant RNA …

And Von Neumann is one of my favorite people in human history , and I stand in admiration of anyone who would study or follow his developments. It is interesting to note however, that after independently discovering Godels second incompleteness theorem (nearly simultaneously, as these discoveries often occur) Von Neumann ceded the credit to Godel after communication with him ;).

But also like you said , nothing in the solar system is immune to the so called Black swan event , even a crypto currency ;). With these issues , I side with the FLI and Bostrom.

I think it is not quite “obvious” to perceive the nearest spacetime potential existential threat, but, it is fairly obvious upon a small amount of consideration. … could an SI hijack a quantum proof Church program ? Potentially. But then again we are talking about the value of the entire future of existence . Our “denomination of value” of choice, seems small in comparison.

Thank you for the good thinking together , and , cheers to Von Neumann , truly one of the smartest humans ever born.

2 Likes

The “homework” you ask about is the following:.

Why, mathematically, is any Turing program subject to the halting problem/ side effects?

The answer was provided by Godel and Church, whose work led to the “baked in workaround” (that is the lambda calculus compute). We are left with Haskell Curry’s paradox , but, aside from that one piece of convenient error, in a church program (FP,) the halting problem is completely solved. That is to say, if we accept that a programmer may write nonsense , we can safely expect that any sensical church program will never halt.

In Turing paradigm, the author may write plenty of nonsense and still get a “reasonably workable” program… but subject to the converse :frowning: , even the most reasonably written sense may still lead to halting or unexpected behavior (bugs).

1 Like

I know, replying to myself … but I can’t help but point out the , from my perspective , silly irony of the fact that Cobol programmers are an extreme scarcity.

It is, of course , both mildly disturbing and completely understandable , that Turing paradigm dominated. It has led us to where we are today! But let us not forget the toils and and hard work of the old Cobol geniuses that built a lot of our financial and industrial backbones.

It is my belief that Turing paradigm is naturally suited to engineering , “judging / gap closing” mindsets … Church paradigm is much more suited to thought and phase space explorers, who, justly, must think long and hard before beginning to write.

2 Likes

Spot on Erik, good sense ; )

stellar and spankchain are the only two that come close but i have the most in Cardano. Spank I have because that industry aklmost always makes money stellar because its kinda cool a few others for various reasons but Cardano really interests me and I think it has a very bright future ahead. In my mind its lightyears ahead of bitcoin and ether as far as technology and longterm usefulness.

1 Like

22.26% ADA

2 Likes

Hi, based upon current prices it makes up 10.79% of my portfolio. I am an early adopter and I have 60% in working products, 20% in projects I believe in and 10% for assorted others.

me too. Glad to see you !

30 % ADA and since 2014 HTMLcoin 70 % :sunglasses: