Where to start?

Hello everyone,

I’m a full-stack web developer interested in expanding my knowledge in developing on the Cardano blockchain. I have visited Overview and it mentions 3 programing languages, I also know that haskell is big one in this ecosystem.

Where would you recommend to start in terms of learning a programming language?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Donnadieu, what is your goal? Writing smart contracts? Based on the three languages you mentioned this is a rough overview:

Marlowe is the domain-specific language for financial contracts on Cardano. Take a look at the Marlowe Tutorial if you want to learn Marlowe from the beginning or dive straight into the Marlowe Playground.

Plutus is the smart contract platform of the Cardano blockchain. Take a look at the Plutus Tutorial if you want to learn Marlowe from the beginning or dive straight into the Plutus Playground.

Haskell is the the programming language for Plutus contracts. If you are looking for the best guide to Haskell and unsure where to start, we recommend you check out the book or website Learn You a Haskell for Great Good by Miran Lipovača.

7 Likes

Hello,

Thank for the response. Very much appreciated, I also notice a section for GLOW what would be the the goal for Glow?

Thank you

1 Like

Thank you Donny!