Will Cardano be ridiculously OVERPOWERED in the future?

Distributed ledger systems are easy to track, anyone laundering money using crypto is begging to get caught.

The entire digitalization of the global financial stack & services, high automation of government functions, platform for global trade and eCommerce, platform for global supply chain & logistics management, platform for diverse asset management, platform for decentralized Web 2.0 apps, platform for DAOs, platform for decentralized ecosystems & economies, global monetary & payment system, framework for public sector organizations, framework for automation & dispute management of various category legal agreements, framework for information management, markets & governance, framework for policy management, enforcement & reporting, platform for in-game / virtual monetization, generally platform for any sort of value exchange… to name a few.

You will see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We had glimpse in future of dApps by looking into ETH (CryptoKitties, Uport, Golem…) So far eth based dApps only executed well “Turing complete no strings attached” fundraising trick with their own crypto units, but put that aside ask yourself question to which extent people are using smart contracts where . almost all have centralized counterparts?
I am not saying that dApps have no future but I see very limited potential with current way of thinking which is: decentralized - good ; else no good.

@rickymac

Nice analogy! Perhaps even a strong meme.

However, let’s not forget one of the key tenets of Cardano - Interoperability.

I doubt that Cardano will result in extinction of any other crypto. Cardano will actually help them survive, perhaps even thrive - by providing the bedrock they need so badly to develop roots.

The most powerful gives life - does not take life.

2 Likes

In anime maybe :slight_smile:

:cardano: is a platform, it simply gives you tools…you can create whatever you want, imagination is the limit.

Why the aggressivity?

Lol no aggressivity, it’s a quote from the character.

Great technology and great marketing are two completely different issues. Case in point Ubuntu vs Windows. Ubuntu is a better SO technology but Windows have a better marketing team. To overpower, you need both great technology which has and great marketing which cardano has not have for a while. My humble take.

Yes, I would also like to rev up the marketing machine. It still might be just a tidbit too early though, I feel we should have dApps before we go full out marketing.

Educational content is a whole other thing, I feel we should put out as much educational content out there as possible. The structure and philosophy of Cardano, how to write smart contracts, what is oroborus, how does staking work so on and so forth. We should target the younger generation, people in their teens just graduating high schoo going on to college. I feel there is still alot of misconception out there regarding crypto.

I have an idea to enlist my seventeen year old brother in creating few podcast episodes where I would engage him in a discussion regarding money, crypto, distribution ledger systems and slowly make our way towards Cardano. Trying to gauge that age groups perspective, understanding and interesting in this technology.

Remember this is technology and software. Tech moves faster than anything else.

Definitely may be left behind in some time in the future…in time.

IMO

Cardano has 3 important inflection points which each one of them would act as a catalyst to gain overpower vs other cryptos

• The first that we are in now … the transition from federated to decentralized system
    as would mark the first major upgrade from POW systems and energy consumption, as POS reaches same security under the same assumptions + Dynamics delegation system

• The second is when we reach to capt interest of developers to have their applications using Cardano infrastructure allowing more security and other benefits than EVM and other platforms

• The third is when we have a truly scalable system that could handle transactions in a massive way

• Bonus and in my opinion one of the best features offered by cardano is the possibility to built a system and could auto-sustain itself in time allowing dynamic governance

All the above is not considering that humans do stuff that is inexplicable so could happen or not

In my opinion, those are the crucial moments that we could reach overpower

1 Like

It’s still aggresivity.

There’s no need even to quote that kind of “whipe out half of the crypto.”

Need to change the mindste guys. There’s no war between cryptos, all the good ones and even many of the bad ones will live together in the crypto ecosystem.

There’s no need to think that just one will be the winner and all the rest, or half the rest have to dissappear.

It’s been many years of crypto already, time to forget about aggression. Grow the f up!

Three pillars of :cardano: and any third generation crypto are scalability , interoperability, and sustainable. Right now there are many cryptocurrencies but non of them talk to each other, with :cardano: they will. Your issues are your own and the way you read the post is on you.

Your answer doesn’t make sense. At all.

That’s because you haven’t dived into the project deep enough. All this:

is addressed in interoperability of :cardano:. You simply took a humorous post at face value. However you’re in the right place, your views are aligned with the project and vice versa.

1 Like

Value increase’s with the update of Shelly are likely to drop back. This is a time when profiteers will step into the hyped up launch of the update. It’s a period of trading. Those guys will eventually fade. Holders of ADA in stake pools will see their real value increase with the launching of fully developed projects that operate on Cardano. I’ve been a trader for 40 years. Don’t buy into the rush for opportunistic profits unless you ARE a trader.

The benefit of Cardano IS the blockchain. There are some very large business projects that have been quietly developing while the testnet has been up. Cardano isn’t focused on banks. Cardano is focused on business’s and their needs. The Coffee growers industry for example is vast, global and competitive. Charles H. has stated in an AMA his desire to build and develop a real world working system with 1.5 million coffee growers in Africa. More than just wanting to do so, they have a working relationship with the Government. This isn’t a maybe. It’s happening right now. Equipment leasing is another multi trillion dollar industry. As I read recently a major global company IS partnering with Cardano for development of it’s global blockchain needs. I like to keep the Korean debit card project in mind as well. It’s also a real world active development.These are real world situations that can have incredible benefits. And lets be real about something else, India’s $320B IT opportunity. Setting up a university in INDIA with 2,500 initial spaces with the intention of expanding to 10,000 is amazing, but it also means future growth and expansion, not immediate. The Indian IT engineers are already tech savvy. They are also in many cases brilliant. How many projects they will build on Cardano?

My point is this, ETH has hundreds of absolutely lousy crypto’s built on it’s blockchain, yet it’s value climbed to well over $1,000. Do to failures and value loss during this crypto winter the price has dropped dramatically. Remember 90% are expected to crash and burn. IOHK/Cardano teaches programmers to build on their blockchain.

It’s been said IOHK will fund select special projects while working with them to advance their project. Remember Cardano founder Hoskinson is no slouch. He is very focused on building for the long haul and as we see, he takes the time necessary to build as functional and solid as anyone could hope.

IF IOHK consults with Indian projects they will have Charles experience to guide them away from Bitcoin problems as well as ETH s problems and the many Cardano has worked through. This is a win win win.

My long winded point is, Cardano as a block chain will be a powerful industry leader or should I say industrial leader. AND, if they do increase their Transactions Per Second, TPS, maybe banks will also see them favorably. Cardano has the possibility of overtaking both XLM and XRP in my view.

My only concern is will ADA’s value be transferred to ADA. XLM and XRP are both used more than any other crypto in use today. Yet their price is in the dumpster. Speculation, not use drives their (price not value).

As projects were built on ETH it’s value grew. My expectation is that as projects are built on Cardano it’s value will be transfer to ADA. The token XRP and XLM gave away the value proposition of their tokens when they developed a fee structure that allowed use of other coins to pass through their systems by only having an account with a minor deposit of tokens that would be used to pay a simple extremely small access fee of .000001 per transaction. If Cardano does likewise I suspect the investment in their system will have been another mistake.

Let Cardano mature. If as Charles Hoskinson has expressed to me that market forces will drive the value of ADA then our holdings will be very valuable and mimic the success of ETH possibly several times over. Fingers, eyes, legs and shoelaces crossed.

1 Like

Lets be modest:

1. Indian University 2,500 programming enginers being trained to build projects on Cardano.
  2. Testnet has enjoyed an amazing number of projects being test developed on the system.
  3. Charles has developed undisclosed partnerships with government’s to build projects.
  4. African nation is building in partnership with IOHK/Cardano a blockchain using ADA and it’s planned to be taken global.
  5. Korean Debit card test still in process, no announcements about going fully live yet. Has been successful so far.
  6. Cardano, unlike ETH will have solid working projects built on it’s blockchain. (ETH has hundreds upon hundreds of dead and dying projects on it’s block chain).
  7. Cardano will soon be the most decentralized blockchain in operation.
  8. Cardano stake pools will draw institutional investors looking for interest payments while their money is tied up waiting for increases in value of ADA.
  9. Cardano will have quantum security from quantum computer attacks. (hello banks?) If this can be transferred to projects on Cardano, the Governments of the world will be customers.
  10. Certain large projects have not been announced yet. Cardano needs to press development forward quickly.

Cardano may have missed a great deal of opportunity because of it’s development processes, but the shortcomings of the other developments will not be and cannot be tolerated for long by companies.

Cardano’s greatest failure (?) to date has been not so much a failure as a down side. Their marketing of partnership success has been pretty bad. The AMA’s done for us retail investors has been simply rehashed tech talk and reassurances of progresses being made with answers to questions of delay. I wont call them excuses because they aren’t. In life things happen with results we don’t like. Addressing these doesn’t make for an excuse so much as an explanation of process. Charles does this really well. My main point however is there is precious little news about major partners excluding that they have talked with Governments and developed partnerships. This is drought is likely intentional disinformation to protect relationships alliances and projects from poachers. The coffee deal would never have been revealed if they hadn’t been pretty far along in the process.

Any way I’m done blathering for today. We do have something to crow about.

Humility will come of we fall flat on our Cardano faces.

Not until. :<)

2 Likes

And how in holy hell do you know how deep i have dived in the project? You don’t need to tell me what interoperability in cardano is. I know what it is very well. And I’ve dived deep enough to realize that quoting a “character” that uses ridiculous remarks as “wipe wiping half of other cryto” is the total opposite of cardano’s principles. It’s not “humorous”

You quoting aggresive remarks against other cryptos shows how deep in the project you have “dived” lol.

“You haven’t dived enough in the project”. LOL, this guy…

What does that even has to do with anything?

What’s wrong with you?

Do yo realize where yo are man?
Quoting you, do you how deep have you dived"" in the project?
Do you realize that you’re posting in the forum of a project that is trying to achieve total decentralization and self governance where your “Higher Numbers” won’t mean a damn thing?

Again, what’s wrong with you?