10,000 Ada Treasure Hunt started with Episode 39, sponsored by TCE

Rick, Uncle Enzo is not going to be happy with you, I got 4 pizza’s to deliver, the timer is ticking and without addresses to deliver to I have nowhere to go. I have never in my life gone over 30 minutes on a delivery. Don’t let me down now.

2 Likes

2 Likes

wow good job :smiley:

1 Like

000 59 66 60 50 58 72 78 56 54 56 53 80 71 57 69 43 67 51 80 67 68 50 57 50 63 53 53 51 63 63 74 69 76

“But it seems to me there is a key difference,” Hiro says. “The universalists think that we are determined by the prepatterned structure of our brains—the pathways in the cortex. The relativists don’t believe that we have any limits.”

2 Likes

Puzzle was solved by the Discord team! The words were put together in the end by one of our own, it was a race to the finish :). I’ll let him share the solution.

4 Likes

Oh congratulations !! Please, post the solutions, so I can sleep.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

So picking up where Steve left off:

Step 4.

After Steve posted Parts 1:3, ADATainment identified the cipher as an Enigma cipher which Steve was able to use to spit out a URL that redirected to another video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbdpW_-xicQ&t

The video had a listing of numbers in the audio (note that 000 was always a hint that we were on the right track or helped set the order of the data we were working with).

|0|0|0|
|59|66|60|
|50|58|72|
|78|56|54|
|56|53|80|
|71|57|69|
|43|67|51|
|80|67|68|
|50|57|50|
|63|53|53|
|51|63|63|
|74|69|76|

Step 5.

The hint on the video was “Key difference” and the team quickly identified as being related to the Instagram numbers (same count of numbers, same pattern). We subtracted the values from the Instagram numbers from the value of the numbers from the video, convert the numbers to ASCII and it spit out the following value:

000 02:09 01:10 11:21 10:12

However, a mistake was made on calculating the numbers that was left uncaught for a day which spit out 4 of the 5 words, but left a word missing (an error Flessenlikker himself caught tonight). We did identify it as a potential book cipher right away. The book that the quote had come from was identified as Snow Crash, which is the entire theme of the puzzle from beginning to end. Once the mistake was caught, we ran the numbers over the book cipher (using Chapter:Word format) and it spit out the following words:

tongue black open over security

Using these words, Flessenlikker was able to put all the words together to unlock the wallet:

The words to the wallet were:

key puzzle first slot secret code warfare tongue black open over security

7 Likes

I was somehow close hehehe Hiro is the main character of the book… And his name appears in both, the enigma puzzle and the video… It had to be related, but couldn’t get to the words.

Congratulations guys!! Amazing job.

3 Likes

Awesome to look back and see it play. Excellent work!

4 Likes

Congratulations! I hope it was a lot of fun for all the treasure hunters.

7 Likes

It was great fun. Thanks guys. I’m going to pick up a copy of Snow Crash now.

7 Likes

One thing I’m still confused about, if this was a strange coincidence or if it was put in for misdirection:

At 1:09 in The Deliverator video, it sounds like it says “the separation”, which appears only once in Snow Crash and continues as:
“the separation of the static, unified world into a binary system”

If you look at the audio from The Deliverator video as a spectrogram, there’s three distinct layers.
Removing the bottom two layers removes the static, and leaves only the bars in the top layer.

So I thought the bars must have been a binary code for something, but I couldn’t decode it, and it ended up having nothing to do with the prize.

It just seemed to make too much sense to be a coincidence. If anyone can answer this I’d love to know.

3 Likes

Congrats, what a ride!

5 Likes

Great work Discord team !!!

4 Likes

I already asked for a copy this book is to remember

4 Likes

I also enjoyed this very much. Is it possible to know who made the challenge? It was very creative must have taken a lot of thought/work.

8 Likes