2020 Community Call to Action -

And that’s also not evidence.

You claim censorship and corruption so you need to provide evidence. Have fun going through all those AMAs because I’m not going to do that for you just because you have a hunch.

@Gilianscheatday, grow up and DYOR.

Good luck with your ‘call for action’ if this is how you discuss things.

Accussing people without evidence is not constructive. And “DYOR” is not evidence or an argument. Charles made one remark in one of his videos about the moderators but I don’t remember the exact words and I am really not going to go through hours of videos just because you have some theory. Conspiracy theories like: “given preferential treatment now in the “friends and family” in the guise of an attempt to offload work from iOHK” are not constructive either.

Charles has mentioned several times that the community will be able to decide which ambassadors to fund with the treasury when Voltaire is finished. And iirc I heard some talk about this on the Cardano Effect as well. Isn’t that what you want?

And when more Voltaire info comes then we can discuss that. But right now there is nothing to discuss yet. And stating that you have no trust in Voltaire right now with no info is pointless.

And pool operators don’t decide parameters. All IOHK wanted was some feedback and data. And these parameters can be changed in the future after there is community consensus. It’s actually really low to accuse community members, who have been putting a lot of time and effort in Cardano for years, of manipulation. When you do that you better back it up with concrete evidence or at the very least some argumentation. Especially when your wife is a pool operator, as if that does not make you biased.

I also call bs on a 1200% increase in stake in six months. I’m quite sure you got your math wrong. And this whining about ‘the rich getting richer’ through staking is also getting old. Right now there are many, many easier ways to get rich and get more ADA. If you want to grab power then running pools is really not that great.

I even listened to 15 minutes of your rambling to make sure I wasn’t closed minded but you actually really didn’t deserve that. Grow up and think critically yourself… you are the one presenting opinion as fact.

3 Likes

I think it’s likely you have confused the OP author (myself) with a participant in the the thread as I have not discussed anything with you, its cool though, I am open to civil discussion on any matter that I made comment on that might have offended you, I still hold a strong opinion that we need experts from within our communities to join in on the conversation’s we need to have moving forward.

No this was very obviously a reply to both of you. But whatever, there is no point discussing anything if you can’t tell what you are doing wrong especially after I spell it out for you.

A kind request for everyone in here to continue this conversation without insults or ad-hominem attacks and back up your claims if you have any.

We are closely watching this thread and noticed we’ve been accused of centralism which is true to some extend because we are eventually deciding who is eligible to represent the Ambassadors and our wider community as the Ambassador Program is owned and funded by the Cardano Foundation.

For your info, and for those who care; deciding who will become an Ambassador is never a one man decision. As Niels explained all of my CM colleagues need to reach consensus first on each nominee and believe me, that is never done in a few minutes :slight_smile:.

Furthermore I think it is a noble thing to think ahead of what is yet to come but neither the Ambassador Program or the governance aspect of our protocol is ready to be used as truly decentralized, as some people in here have been wishing for.

Any questions? Feel free to post them but please keep my message in mind.

Thanks!

3 Likes

All that is going on in the test net is just that testing.

Every aspect and how it’s orchestrated is for the exploration of any flaws that may exist, to push it from one extreme to the other and make it a fair system, before becoming truly decentralised.

Just want to state that there is no conspiracy.

The whole reason for Cardano is to give back to the people the very thing that was taken, that is there voice, for it to be heard and truly listened to regardless of your standing in society. :metal:

1 Like

Here I am hoping this thread dies and it just keeps going…
dang it.

Let me be clear, I do not see a conspiracy, and neither do I see bias and favoritism happening.
I also do see the CF as decentralized in a sense although it is setup as a legal entity and by that alone it will viewed as a centralized entity no real way around that for now, I do not see this as a problem.
As for censorship I am not holding any position that it happens.

Thank you!
I wanted to say that, but like I said I was kind of hoping this thread would die, haha! :metal:

1 Like

@anon20038177 Very clever my fiend :metal:

1 Like

I have officially been positively Triggered now! :rofl: :rofl:

Nice summary and that is nearly exactly the same of what I have signed for. With a small modification.
I would add liquid democracy to the 3rd point too.