An idea to solve some problems concerning a "decentrilized" private messaging system. (at least the spam)

Imagine having to send value along every message on a communication network?

Like this;

Alice sends [How are you today?] + [1 ada] to Bob
Bob receives [How are you today?] + [1 ada] from Alice
Bob sends [Excelente!, you? wanna go fishing?] + [1 ada] to Alice
Alice receives [Excelente!, you? wanna go fishing?] + [1 ada] from Bob
Spambot1 sends [send your ada here and you will double it in two days] + [1 ada] to Alice, Bob
Spambot2 sends [omg shitcoin/rugpull hosky scammer] + [1 ada] to Alice, Bob
Alice and bob receives and so forth…

Net result; Alice and Bob go on a fishing expedition + gets value (2 ada each) for receiving, but not acknowledging shit… And I for one wouldn’t mind getting money from spambots…

What ya thinkin? Sure there are excellent spam filters, but they still rely on a centralized authority to decide what’s spam and what isn’t. There would also obviously be some kind of fee involved but I don’t think that’s much of a problem… Changing the state of the universe, should cost money. Besides I’ve paid for individual SMS’s since that tech was invented…

This would probably not scale or work on a public forum however… unless…

It’s a lot harder than you might imagine to create a secure and truly decentralized messaging system. Most of the spam filters rely on centralization as do the delivery mechanisms for offline users, etc. Blockchain would add additional costs, possibly make who you are communicating with, and even what you are saying public. The opposite of what most people would want …

Check out Signal protocol which is one of the better attempts at making something better than SMS/MMS that is more opt-in whitelisting with end to end encryption.