Another infinity CONNECTING TO NETWORK... post

Do you have another computer you can try on the same network? After I found that my tablet ran Daedalus fine I stared looking for possible hardware/software conflicts on my computer and found the problem (a service for my killer networks nic).

1 Like

ok, this is an important information.
FYI, the current infrastructure is this

What: 7 main nodes (stakeholders)
Where: Internet (Amazon AWS)
TCP Port: 3000
^
|
v
What: cardano-node.exe (full node running in background)
Where: your local PC
TCP Port: 8090
^
|
v
What: daedalus.exe (visible wallet)
Where: your local PC

If you local daedalus.exe can’t reach the local cardano-node.exe and your task manager shows the node running, this means that either something already run on port 8090 on your PC (@merlot mentioned a service for the killer networks ethernet hardware) or that a local security suite (AV-Engine, Firewall, …) block access to localhost:8090
INstead of the build in task manager you can use Microsofts Sysinternals Process Explorer (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer)
You have to start it with administrative rights. then right click cardano-node.exe, swith to TCP/IP tab and confirm that a local address is “LISTENING” on port 8090

1 Like

Unfortunately just one with Linux on it. So no go.

hmm, your screenshots didn’t look like linux.
Anyhow better: https://www.tecmint.com/find-out-which-process-listening-on-a-particular-port/

1 Like

Ups sorry…I mean That I own another one with Linux.

Have you tried disabling IPv6. I’ve had the same problem on Linux and disabling IPv6 worked for me.
See this post:

I know you are on Windows and I don’t know how you disable IPv6 there but it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.
Also I remember seeing people on Mac having a similar issue with IPv6.

1 Like

hey guys, had no luck with VPN or system time change/adjust, but it seems running daedalus.bat as Administrator fixed the issue.
after syncing blocks 1-2 mins, it connected.

hope it helps!

Still don’t see port 8090 anywhere? This is what I get.

The red marked one 8080 is established for 30 sec but then disappears.

I did turn IPv6 off but still no success.
You said you are on LINUX? How can I install Daedalus on Linux if there is no download button on official site.
Did you get it it from Github?

Yes I downloaded it from github… and then spent about 5 days working out how to compile from source. The info page on github is pretty rubbish and doesn’t explain half of what’s needed to do.

If you are on Ubuntu/Debian you’ll find some valuable information here:

and here:

I’m on Archlinux, so I had to adapt the above slightly but finally I got it to work.

1 Like

this (dis)appearing red entries are normal and ok.

What seems missing on your side is this one I marked yellow
2018-01-06_17h18_18

It looks like something else already is listening on this port on your PC and so cardano-node.exe can’t bind to it on startup.

Can you start TCPView from Sysinternals Suite. I assume there will not be this red market item

If not try to sort by LocalPort column and look for port 8090 and what process is running on it.

I did not handle with any ports, just running daedalus.bat opens the wallet easily.

Most of the people don’t have any issues. But there are also many of us that get rejected py some port problems. We investigating now :wink:

Ok This is what i get…

ok, that’s what I expected. Daedalus looks fine but cardano-node.exe appears only once with his remote connection to port 3000 (Cardanos stakeholding nodes in the current Bootstrap aera)

Now it would be interesting to see if there is another process running on LocalPort 8090 …

1 Like

I did search for what is using this port [8090] but I didn’t find any service or program that is using it? That’s why its weird.

at least we have now clearly limited the cause.

When you run daedalus.bat (not exe!), a security prompt appears to run with Administrator privileges. Right?

I’m playing with this the whole day now & i Quit :beach_umbrella:

I always run daedalus.bat with administrator privileges yes.
If I don’t, cardano-node won’t even start.

No success playing with firewall settings.
No success with different network & network card settings. also connected external alpha wifi card two actualy :smiley:
Daedalus deleted multiple times, and clean installation multiple times.
Tried on 3 different neighbors network, still no success.

Well, I’m not changing my computer because of that. I don’t have much time to try it on Linux. Actually, i dont have a will power to do so. Now it’s official! I’m giving up on Daedalus version (1.0.3769).

I know for a lot of you works just fine but, I also know I’m not alone with such issue :thinking:

If I may ask one more thing… I think new version won’t come out anytime soon. But if the LEDGER NANO S update their support for :ada: …Is there a way to transfer :ada: directly to LEDGER from BINANCE exchange ? I’m waiting for ledger because there are all out of stock here in Slovenia. Guess we all se an opportunity in crypo assets :slight_smile:

Right click icon and select run as admin. Let me know if that works for you.

my server also couldn’t load. But I clear the google cache as it is shown in this article aboutthis site can’t be reached