Cardano Builders

Welcome Cardano Builders!

We are a group of fellow builders and people who want to build on Cardano. We host virtual spaces where people come together to inform each other about what we’re building, celebrate our wins, keep each other accountable, and provide support and actionable advice.

Builders at all levels are welcome: From people with “just ideas” to people that are looking to get their next million users to their decentralized application.

The first virtual Check-In will be on Monday, July 18, 2022 at 2 pm UTC.

8 Likes

Here’s a short recap of our first meeting.
Check-In 000 had five participants.

After some small-talk, I introduced the purpose of the group and proposed a format.
That portion was recorded and can be viewed here: Cardano Builders Check-In 000 - YouTube.
A few slides helped with explaining the format.

Then, Jonathan, Filip, and Stephen shared:

• their 30s pitch
  • recent accomplishments
  • what’s next
  • what they need help with

Here’s a screenshot when Filip started sharing.

What is actually being said at these meetings is kept confidential between the participants.
If you want to know what’s going on, join us for our next meeting in two weeks.

After the check-in part, we started talking about some higher level topics, so the 60 minutes allocated for the first meeting was not sufficient and we called it at the 80 minute mark.
The early feedback has been positive and we hope to see more fellow builders for Check-In 001.

5 Likes

Hey @manonthemat,
I love the idea behind this meetup group, a space where builders come together and share their experiences!
I’m happy to see your first meeting was a success.
Keep up the excellent work :muscle:

4 Likes

It appears that the meetup event site had truncated the jitsi link for some, but Check-In 001 still had six participants - a stepwise upgrade.

Here’s the public portion with an update and Q&A on the just-launched mediators.ai - the first dispute resolution platform on Cardano.

Going forward, if participants are willing, we will have one project’s Q&A session as part of the recording. A discussion is currently ongoing on the meetup page.

3 Likes

Cardano Builders is an exceptional space where participants share their ideas, even and specially if they are just that: Ideas.

I presented “Balance” at the Cardano Builders, an idea which I have since the early funding cycles, perhaps fund 3, and more that searching to be funded in a specific round of funding it is a call to the whole Cardano Ecosystem to think life balance while we together build Cardano, so less participant’s turn over, incentive creativity, triggers productivity and happiness.

Cardano Builders’ vision triggers participants to open up and present specially if the idea is not ready to be part of a funding round. A 30” elevator pitch, followed with what is needed to help make the idea a reality, the recommendations and the support from the team makes this space a unique medium for idea development, adoption and Catalyst community involvement.

The “Balance” idea presentation recording is available upon request, and presented in spanish at the LATAM Town Hall this past July 28 is here Balance y Salud en Cardano - YouTube
Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind words, Juan.

We switched the cadence to a weekly check-in. Meetup.com ate some discussions, so the memo didn’t reach everyone - so today we were 4. After our updates, we also had a discussion on the importance of proper documentation for developers as a foundation to build things that people can use. After 90 minutes, however, I had to end the meeting due to another meeting. Nonetheless, these check-ins appear to be of great value to the participants - as Juan eloquently put into words above.

Next week, we’ll have James from Gimbalabs provide a public update.

Here’s the recording of today’s public part:

And a screenshot:

1 Like

Today’s session was marked by the public check-in by Gimbalabs’ James: Cardano Builders Check-In 003 - YouTube

We had 8 participants today, so we made use of Jitsi’s breakout room capability for the first time to give project updates in private.

1 Like

Check-In 004 with 5 participants happened today.
Juan presented Balance io today during the public portion of the check-in.

The session lasted a total of 100 minutes today as we strayed from the format just a little bit. Nonetheless, it was a very engaging discussion which continued on Discord: Discord

Check-In 005 will happen on August 29th at 2 pm UTC. RSVP here: Cardano Builders (Lancaster, CA) | Meetup

1 Like

We shared some 90 minutes today in community at Check-In 005 where Victor Corcino kicked us off with an update on the IdeaThon.

Hope to see you at Check-In 006 next Monday.
RSVP here: Cardano Builders (Lancaster, CA) | Meetup

RSVP here: Cardano Builders (Lancaster, CA) | Meetup

Another 90 minute Check-In (no. 006) done.
Today, Lucas told us about his Project Ada Ink, which won the first place at our IdeaThon.

We did it. We actually were able to stay (roughly) with a 60 minute meetup for today.
It’s easy for us to stay long and talk about all kinds of things, but keeping the conversations focused is not an easy task. Well done everyone.

Here’s the recording of the public part:

Feel free to jump into our discord, too: Discord

1 Like

We recently held an IdeaThon with some prize money for 6 new projects.
Among the winners were AdaInk (submitted as AdaCap - Tattoos and Blockchains are forever) and Demystifying Adoption in IRA’s.
We completed a first working session to get started on a SWOT analysis to improve the chances of success for these projects.

swot

I cut out some silence as we were working on the miro board.

Come join us for the next work session and/or the check-in and say hi in discord.

1 Like

Jitsi’s recording features have changed - so no recording to dropbox. So we just streamed live to YouTube and saved the recording there: Cardano Builders Check-In 008 - YouTube

I was providing an update on mediators.ai and hinted at a new service which we will spin-off from that platform to target a specific user group.
While I was streaming, questions were not to come in, but the discussion really started to flood in as soon as we were not recording anymore. :sweat_smile:

We held a follow-up working session for the Ideathon Projects PEST and SWOT analysis today.

We were continuing the discussion on the IRA facilitation and started the SWOT analysis on AdaInk which surfaced some interesting topics to dive in deeper.

We may have a few more working sessions like this where we invite the community to come together and crowdsource ideas.

Come join our Discord!

Today’s recorded section on Cardano Builders Check-In 009 was all about Lucas’ project Cardano for non-technical people. Enjoy!

Here’s our updated Discord link: Discord

1 Like

Here’s the recording of our session 3 for the PEST & SWOT Analysis for IdeaThon projects.

cb

Smaller attendance today for Check-In 010, but we had some pretty deep discussions in the 2 hours that we met today.

Here’s the public part:

Ideathon Projects PEST and SWOT analysis - Session 4

Lucas and I shared some thoughts and considerations how to bring AdaInk to market.

Check-In 011 ran for 70 minutes and had 6 participants.
We switched the format a little bit and heard all participants’ pitches in the recording.

1 Like

Check-In 012. Sorry about the bad audio quality of the recording.
You won’t have that issue when you join live, so come join us! :slight_smile:

Drop by in Discord!