Cardano Community Kiva lending team

Hi. There is no direct contact but you can see the progress of your loan repayment on KIVA site at any given time. I see some mention a preference for direct contact w/ borrower, but honestly, I’ve been with KIVA a long time and prefer to keep it anonymous. Idk, just preference. KIVA is great with details on their platform. Enjoy.

1 Like

We have a new team captain, @Chris_Ray!

Statistics for 11 Sept 2020: 35 members have made 323 loans across 54 countries totaling $9600!

We believe in using microloans to help people help themselves. We see this as consistent with the core values embodied in Cardano, and keenly anticipate Cardano’s eventual involvement. Join us!

4 Likes

Awesome. Chris will do a fine job !

3 Likes

I appreciate the support @RobJF @Eystein_Hansen !
I will surely continue contributing where I can!

4 Likes

Hey Chris, thanks for stepping up, this is excellent. Enjoy! :blush:

3 Likes

Where is this program activated? I am from LA https://populationstat.com/united-states/los-angeles, and I have never heard of this initiative. I need to read about its advantages as I know some refugees and I would like to help them with some useful information. I would also like to know who used this program. Please share your feedback about the participation in this team.

2 Likes

Join us here! :grin:

3 Likes

As of now I do not know of anyone that has used this platform to borrow, our team has been lending since 2018 and personally I have been repaid fully by several of the borrowers.
I have become a Trustee on Kiva that will allow myself to sponsor borrowers, if someone is interested in utilizing the platform to crowd source a loan I am willing to consider their position and assist them in succeeding in their goals. let me know .anyone is welcome to private message me.

Cheers!

1 Like

Statistics for 5 November 2020: 38 members have made 357 loans across 55 countries totaling $10,500!

Join us here! :grin:

(I stopped using Facebook and Twitter earlier this year, if anyone would like to post this info there that’d be great! :smile:)

2 Likes

I wonder if @Chris_Ray has still Kiva cards to share. (asking for a friend: @Zyroxa)

Although I did retire that sharing program Tommy, I will be happy to share with @Zyroxa to push the effort forward, thanx for bringing interest to our team🙂

@Zyroxa please PM me with your interest in being a team member on the Kiva platform and I will get you setup with an a card for entry :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I was really glad to see this video of Charles using Kiva and hopefully stirring thought on the subject :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes that was great to see Chris! :grinning:

Up to date stats: $11,775 lent by 40 members in 393 loans to borrowers in 56 countries.

Join us here! :smile:

1 Like

Cool!!! I havent see this projekt!! I ve start to share kiva.org

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Our Kiva team has grown substantially and we are just about to pass the 100 members mark, this milestone will be reached after having loaned over $20,000 together as a team through 673 micro loans :tada:

There are 3 pool owners that have supported our team and hopefully we can inspire more to join.

We have made loans to people in 60 countries! That is awesome!

We have contributed throughout the last year and a half of the pandemic and likely have made a huge impact for someone during that time.

Thank you everyone for the joy this team brings to me and I hope to others, one step at a time we can surely make this world better than how we found it :slightly_smiling_face:

The image below shows in green the countries we have impacted together :handshake:

Happy lending friend’s! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This is an inspiring project. I have just joined the team on Kiva and it appears that I’m the 101st team member (counting the captain as a member)! So here we go, we are more than 100 members now!!!

With @comozo, I co-manage Sadaka which runs a Stake Pool called Africa: Non-Discrimination, Education and Women Empowerment (ANEW).
We donate 40% of our operating returns and lend another 20% through Kiva. More details about what we do can be found on our website (https://www.anew.sadaka.io/our-mission).

We are very proud of joining the Cardano Community Kiva lending team and we are looking forward to contributing to our common endeavour.

Happy Lending…

Hi All,

Does anyone now if Charles has joined our Kiva lending team here on the forum?

I know that he generously lends at the end of his AMAs. It would be awesome to have aboard our little group.

Cheers,
D

Hi Kiva lending team,

We have just completed three more loans, and a donation to CAMFED (do check them out, they do a wonderful work).

Thank you

1 Like

I made a video for Ergo Raffle and launched a Raffle for the Cardano Lending team, wish me luck! and share it in your circles, pretty sure the same style of raffle will work on Cardano very soon.

1 Like

The Raffle was funded and the payout will be in approx 3 days, suggestions welcome on best path to distribute the funds on Kiva, 100 ergs will be converted to dollars, if conversion happened today that would be over $1500 dollars so I am not sure if I should fully fund a borrower or to loan to many.

1 Like