Cardano Daedalus wallet connecting to network Will it ever be fixed!?

Hi RandLoki

Follow the link I sent, the fix has nothing to do with VPN, it has a fix on there where you follow the path given (for both windows and mac) and delete a file. I’ve used the method successfully twice

please don’t think i am downplaying your very valid complaints - its understandable

Issue:
wallet stuck at connecting to network

Systems:
Windows 10 and Windows 7, both 64 bit

Solution:
Launching the wallet through the original shortcut on the desktop or Start menu, NOT from shortcuts pinned by me to the taskbar . The important aspect is that you get the security message “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your PC…”

Another thread describes also running the daedalus.bat, as administrator, from the install folders, as a solution.

1 Like

thank you, this actually worked. After 5-6 weeks of waiting for a reply from support ticket (which never came) there was a simple solution

1 Like

where can i find the current size of this blockchain?

Daedalus is sync’ing to my 3.0 usb flash drive after i changed the %appdata% location per a tutorial on this site. so that is all working fine.

but the sync’ing is at only 15.77% 6 hours later. the usb disk has 64GB capacity and already 24.71GB has downloaded. is this a “normal/average” time most users experience?

edit:: never mind. i got it to work

My wallet synced no issues. Could this be cos ppl have weak pc’s? (i tested it now on - i7, 16gb, ssd)

Guys, I’m using Mac. No issues so far :sunglasses:

Its very interesting. On Windows I had no problems. But on Linux I cant launch Daedalus. Its stucks at COnnecting to Network.

I thought, ok, maybe its because, I had no UTC configured, only Localtime. But after configuring UTC there is no effect to it.

I cant find the .LOGs. Can anyone tell me where the Daedalus-Logs are on Linux?

Found he Error on Linux (Manjaro). Its because of closed Port 8090. lol. Wow.

[2018-04-04 10:39:58:0807] [debug] AdaApi::syncProgress called
[2018-04-04 10:39:58:0808] [error] AdaApi::syncProgress error: {
  "stack": "Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8090\n    at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1024:11)\n    at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1047:20)\n    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1150:14)",
  "message": "connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8090",
  "code": "ECONNREFUSED",
  "errno": "ECONNREFUSED",
  "syscall": "connect",
  "address": "127.0.0.1",
  "port": 8090
}

hahaha. What the. I opend the port 8090 from everywhere to everywhere with UDP and TCP but it still doesnt work.

I found the Logs on Linux at

/home/USER/.config/Daedalus/Logs/pub