Cardano ISO 20022 Certification

Hello dear Readers,

I am wondering if Cardano has an aim to become ISO 20022 certified.

thank you

None of the companies officially sponsoring Cardano development are currently involved in this:

In any case this certification will be applied to payment applications, not the blockchains & currencies themselves. For a case in point you can see that RippleNet (the payment network) is included in this list: based on Ripple’s unique plans for banking compliance rather than any feature of XRP (the cryptocurrency).

2 Likes

p.s. I thought it was a bit odd that Cardano (as an “organisation” - which is itself an error) seemed hastily added to the list of supporting agencies on the Wikipedia page for ISO 20022:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=ISO_20022&type=revision&diff=1023903031&oldid=1023895123

As you can see, there is no attribution for that list or any comment or reference (on the “Talk” page) why Cardano was added to it later. Generally hasty edits like that are the result of speculation and rumour.

3 Likes

i was thinking about this because i think when Cardano would apply the ISO 20022 regulations, it could have more likely an accepted role in the international financial transfer market, especially when they are doing projects like they are doing in Africa, for these kind of projects and other future projects i think it is beneficiary this certification is obtained, also for all the app builders that make use of the network… if the network is certified, it will attract many more developers and users…

maybe i understand it all wrong…

Any news about Cardano and ISO 20022 ?

The only change I can see is that the erroneous inclusion of Cardano in the above Wikipedia page has been corrected.

Algorand is still there: as erroneously as when Cardano was included, because you can see that it links to the page for the Algorand cryptocurrency & protocol itself, rather than any of the payment methods built upon it. Just like 7 months ago, and like 7 years from now, ISO 20022 applies to payment methods & not to blockchains themselves. :face_with_monocle:

Hi Folks,

Any updates regarding to ISO 20022 certification?
Charles talked once about this topic. He said that a team is checking if it’s possible to implement this on Cardano.

Since, as said above already, Cardano is a blockchain without any “real world” financial or regulatory characteristics, any statement like Cardano will be ISO 20022 compliant is a misunderstanding, a misquote, or a misrepresentation.

Any use of Cardano for payment methods outside its own ledger would have to be provided by a third party: a layer between Cardano and the “real world” of electronic payments. In this case that third party would be the one holding the ISO 20022 specification, not Cardano itself.

So @Cueneyt1986 instead of asking the same question repeatedly here, when the answer is bound to be the same forever, you might instead identify the source of the quote you refer to: to help investigate what industrial partnership or application of Cardano he could have been talking about. Then, if you can confirm such a relationship, it would be helpful to document it here. :sunglasses:

1 Like