Centralization in Cardano community power?

We are all up for constructive discussions but this is a friendly reminder to keep things respectful and civil. What you do on your own Twitter is of course up to you. But what you bring into the Cardano Forum is another. We have community guidelines which you can read about here.

In these community rules, some main points to pull out:

• Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
  • You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticise ideas, not people.
  • Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.

There is history and perhaps unresolved feelings from the Guardians and the wider community but the best way forward is to discuss constructively, share ideas in a welcoming space and to collaborate on these ideas. It is not okay to point a finger at individuals. Individuals, who I don’t need to remind you all, who are doing what they think is best for the Cardano community. We will always have different interpretations of what we think is best, but the intentions are the same. So let’s focus on that! :slight_smile:

To clarify about the deleted thread in question, it was flagged by a project member and perhaps it was the wording of the original post but marked as inappropriate. It is the job of the moderator to act on this and in this case, deleted. The community team does review moderation logs and if anyone ever feels their thread has been inaccurately deleted, then please do contact us.

16 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @maki.mukai

Will the Community Team take any action on the recent happenings from yesterday? Will there be any consequences? In case what?

2 Likes

My 2 satoshis: there is no need to pursue this any further. Action has been taken, let’s move on.

1 Like

@maki.mukai can we include in the rules of this forum that accounts are personal and duplicates are not allowed? It might prevent situations like this in the future.

4 Likes

Group accounts that do not identify a specific individual are kinda creepy too. I always thought anonymous accounts were a little creepy, but the group ones… ugh. Just my opinion.

4 Likes

The problem I see, is that we are all together setting the moral & ethical standards of our Community at these early stages.

If you think it´s fine for a Cardano Ambassador to create a fake anonym account to seriously bully, troll & stress other users and a Community group as of self interest and on a personal ground then we are setting the bar very low.

Then once the previous Ambassador is busted 8 hours later, only then having another “close buddy” Cardano Ambassador quickly using his Forum admin power, making the thread private and deliberately excluding those being attacked trying to remove traces.

If you say this is an acceptable behavior of Cardano Ambassadors and they should just get away with it, I am afraid we are setting a very bad example and this will just promote toxicity instead of eliminate it.

I would really expect people who were caught being bad actors when participating in wrongdoings just to step down with dignity for the interest of the Community and I respect Rob’s offer in this context.

You see there has been constant personal attacks from other anonym users as well (such as @deepau) , where I have complained a lot, flagged post to inappropriate but nothing happened.

But this is just my opinion. However in this context it feels again a double standard that Maki is pointing me to the Forum´s Community Guidelines.

So I will rather ask explicilty will @RobJF & @werkof, the previous Ambassadors stay in place?

Don’t get me wrong, we all want to move on. But let’s see what are the lessons learned, actions taken and the consequences if any of this situation. That’s how we get better.

1 Like

Thank you Maki, can you disclose the logs/discussions/notes that which admins proposed what, and which admins seconded what and which admins concluded what so the final decision of thread removal is made.

Or everything just went through by a black box.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Well, more rule = more censorship = more admin power

And we simply cannot stop whoever wants to troll to troll. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

How is a rule like “duplicate accounts are not allowed” going to give admins more power? It could have prevented all this drama if we already had it in place.

3 Likes

So you will make a KYC for each Forum User :slight_smile: Never gonna happen.

This is not how your regulate a Community.

You show example when something goes wrong.

And people know if they act badly there are consequences, they can’t get away with.

Now after a day I just feel the very same Parsons silence.

1 Like

Today is duplicate account rule, who knows what’s tomorrow?

Plus, we did use the same things to Parsons, so guess let’s try not to be double standard.

It’s okay to attack and fight back publicly sometimes. Just don’t make it too over :wink::wink::wink:.

I wasnt talking about using KYC. I know, it’s far from ideal. But moderators can check for duplicate IP’s

1 Like

Can you please check it @deepau is matching any other user IP for registration and login? He is a good candidate for another troll. Thanks

Btw the problem with IPs is VPNs. It won’t help.

Actually you will have fake users as we had coming in VPNs. You can’t avoid this.

1 Like

He isnt. Already checked that when you were having heated discussions with eachother

1 Like

Andy,
I like this idea of restricting duplicate accounts, because there are no consequences for anonymous users who decide to troll. And we have seen a few. Their comments may be edited or flagged, but the trolls can just make an account by a different name and just keep trolling. I don’t know if any one was ever banned from this forum but I have seen comments edited. Some one with admin access can figure out how to verify unique users some how. Maybe this…

1 social validation like the email you use to join = read only access to the forum.
2 social validations such as the email + facebook or twitter account = read and write access.

Just add one more layer of social validation (not KYC) so it is not worth a trolls effort, or not worth the effort to make more than one account.

1 Like

What I do not understand is why did Rob feel the need to troll on Cardano watchdogs? What wrongdoings have we done? Where is all this hate coming from ?

In the last months we have:

• Contributed heavily to changing the board on CF
  • Asked serious questions in the community regarding governance
  • Made a healthy debate on DSL for a legal language to help with governance
  • Monitored community growth across easy to measure metrics
  • Discussed reward distribution models and asked for clarifications regarding limits on Cardano
  • Discussed a social council as a way for further engagement in the community
  • promoted Cardano at several occasions (for example on twitter)
  • Discussed and asked for transparency on several metrics and going so far as to look for our own metrics until metrics are provided.

Are any of these actions bad? Any why are the admins so ignoring these facts? Why was for example the discussion on the future of guardians (notice also Rob creator of this topic) kept while the statement from a few community members who offered another perspective was locked?

3 Likes

Ya…

This just add another layer of difficulty for people don’t use twitter/facebook maybe?

For example, the Chinese community. (Sorry, this is my first thought)

Unless we have a way to include global social media platforms…:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Guess he rili wanted to join the discussion with us, but too shy to use his real account. :slight_smile:

@RobJF

1 Like

I don’t think he (and his buddies?) had a good intention to engage in discussions looking at the intro again.

1 Like

Mihori, by the time people or the Chinese community make their way to this forum, they learned about it somehow. They must have learned about it on Twitter or Facebook or Reddit or Telegram or WeChat or Instagram or something…

1 Like