Just a couple of “roles & responsibilities”, which could be part of the Guardianship of Cardano:
(1) Continuous follow up / audit of the operations of the Cardano Foundation, collecting valuable Community feedback and even releasing a quarterly assessment report, being the Community´s review about the performance of the Foundation and it´s board members. Eventually if the Foundation would incorporate such a feedback into their decisioning, that would be the best. We have actually started with this by collecting questions from the Community and aiming to interview Pascal Schmid, the new leader of the Cardano Foundation.
(2) Acting as an external advisor to the Foundation, who keeps close touch with the Entity and represents the Community´s voice and interest in certain way & matters, in which case democratic and wide consultation and consensus with the Community is essential and the Guardians have to act as an fully impartial, independent mediator & aggregator.
(3) Detect & tackle on social media, Internet and other channels all kinds of Fake News, Trolls and highly inaccurate articles, media content and other attacks, which are damaging the Cardano brand or personally any individual leader, key contributor in the Cardano Ecosystem.
(4) Defend the Community itself, during hard market situations, or when potentially hackers are attacking some part of the Ecosystem, when there is any infrastructure issue with Cardano, etc.
(5) Review, Investigate & Audit any roadmap item, research initiative, adoption project, startup or Ecosystem entity who is showing suspicious behaviour and not performing according to their commitment or expectations.
(6) Review Staking Pool operations, infrastructure, performance, feedback, level of decentralization, and other qualities (provide certificate?).
(8) Review DAPPS built on top of Cardano from security, usability and other points of view (provide certificate?).
(9) Review Treasury financed projects & initiatives regarding their progress, commitments, deliverables and transparency.
(10) Support the Cardano Foundation to build a decentralized, efficient infrastructure / capability for Community Management.
(11) Support the Global Foundation DAO Research Initiative for the Cardano Foundation.
(12) Monitor the health of the Cardano Ecosystem and the progress of Cardano Adoption, maybe even releasing quarterly assessment report regarding the status and major achievements, challenges and risks.
(13) Monitor Cryptocurrency Exchanges where Cardano is traded and provide some rating.
(14) Monitor Cryptocurrency Wallets which support Cardano and provide some rating.
(15) Support various Social Media channel moderators of Cardano, whenever there are some “problematic” Community members identified, take it a step further and have a more intimate discussion regarding the issues with such a member and help to understand and resolve the situation in a diplomatic and nice way.
(16) Monitor the ADA cryptocurrency market in respect to price manipulation, pump & dump campaigns or any suspicious trading activities.
(17) Help & Support other Groups forming from Community members who want to dedicate themselves to the “Guardianship” cause. This is especially important to let the decentralization principle stand and share all these duties.
(18) When there is any serious & significant emergency situation threatening the Ecosystem act as a “SWAT“ organization that immediately fully engages with the critical case, raises awareness, coordinates with various parties, organizes Community support and carries out all actions legally possible to resolve the issue. Similarly to what happened with the “Liberate the Cardano Foundation” mission.
(19) Following, reviewing and verifying the progress of the understanding & education of the Community for the upcoming sustainability era of Cardano, when liquid democracy and treasury will determine the future path Cardano takes. This is a huge responsibility, and we should verify that the Community is being properly prepared for this never ending task. This may also include the review of delegate platforms / groups / representatives, to where individuals may delegate their voting rights to.
(20) Potentially any essential function that we believe the Cardano Foundation should take, but for any reason decides not to take. (An example of a few functions, which might be expected in this post: https://forum.cardano.org/t/expected-roles-responsibilities-of-the-cardano-foundation/) Of course it´s better to try to delegate such functions to other Entities in the Ecosystem or other Community Groups who might be experts in that particular topic. Nevertheless it should be verified in a delegation case whether such a function properly works.
(21) Lastly but not least some selected Community Projects we would organize & run in the domain of Community Building. We have already proposed a Cardano Street Art Competition (which is pending due to funding issues). Very clearly this is not tightly related to the “Guardianship” ideology (though some future projects might likely be), nevertheless we would have to do some more fun projects & activities on the side as these are the real energizing, highly enjoyable and rewarding activities. This would also allow us to keep the Guardian “brand awareness” within the Ecosystem, while lot of the above services might not be so much visible, enaging or interesting for the vast majority.