Centralization in Cardano community power?

And we just promoted the Forum a couple of days back :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love for those “real things” to start happening, rather than these less real things.

1 Like

You are in the lead of one! And a very good one. We also promoted it on our Twitter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:pray:

There is no disputing your commitment to the Cardano project. You are a valued member of this community.

3 Likes

Appreciate it Zenman so are you.

And I guess we think alike. See this :slight_smile:
https://forum.cardano.org/t/proposal-for-a-cardano-street-art-competiton-looking-for-cardano-foundation-sponsorship

Hopefully we can resurrect it. @SeanAlimov was also quite active with this idea. Would be great to make this happen.

1 Like

So let’s turn this around now and think how we should prepare for the sustainability era of Cardano when we will have Treasury & Liquid Democracy.

We need efficient decentralized governance.

Users, Groups & other Entities need ratings, reviews & reputation.

Treasury System should possibly be multidimensional. Geographical one, Functional two?

Social Delegate Platforms where delegates may campaign for the Community to get “followers”.

Will spin this off to a new Topic, it will be long.

5 hours ago…
Every member of the former Guardians enjoy the highest respect for their commitment in this forum.
Please let us find a way back to discussions that will productively advance the Cardano project.

4 Likes

That’s the plan & what we are actually waiting for.

Actions, Lessons Learned and Consequences.

Once these 3 are officially communicated by the Cardano Community Team ( @maki.mukai @tom.kelly ) we can finally move on.

And we do all of us already move on many other valuable threads in the Forum and other Community Channels.

It’s not like people are forced to read this long & boring topic and be stuck here :slight_smile:

I do honestly believe & hope most users just simply ignore it by the sheer size and fuzziness.

The Community doesn’t really engage with this thread, just the ones who were involved, or somehow close to them and a few hardcore members.

It’s all good and finally soon over. Let us have a clear & official settlement.

1 Like

I went ahead and changed the title of the topic to reflect its true nature. I don’t think the way it was worded productive or conducive to any meaningful contribution to wider goals of Cardano.

PS: sue me.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t the groups stake pool be a target specially if its transparent and public?

1 Like

It was a good & clever change. Thanks @ZCryt0Knight :pray:

1 Like

Don’t really get the question @Seven. Can you please rephrase?

In relation to operating a pool to mitigate the main risk. If the group (Governance) controlling the pool is public and transparent I think it could be a potential target specially if the public knows which one it is.

1 Like

I will change it back.

The thing I originally wanted to discuss was what happened when admins/future ambassadors seem to fall into same people’s :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:.

Then there are just many off-topics discussion after it, and evolved to everyone’s hate to Bert, but which is fine.

Bert is just a typical example.

But gotto give some credits to @maki.mukai on disclosing the moderation log of yesterday’s incident , even though the info is limited, but a certain level of transparency is what people want. Thank you maki!!

Anyway, people keep saying drop it and move on.

The truth is, no one will move on, or when the day you see CH and BM moving on. :smile:

That’s the saddest part of this all. There is a lot of #WastedTimeAndEnergy in this topic.

I won’t comment any further…

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Questions about smart contracts and Goguen

Admin you need to step up to the plate. There is a saying that is frowned upon in this generation because it is crystal clear and doesn’t allow for grey area’s or a third option. ’ Don’t side with the person but with the principles’ . Action needs to be taken so this type of behaviour can be nipped in the bud. It sets an example for what type of consequences can be expected and eliminates or deters opportunist.

Stray dogs can wreck havoc if not rounded up and placed in quarantine then nurtured and allowed to grow. We all have the good dog and the bad dog in us, we just need to feed the good one more.

Regards to all
Earl

2 Likes

Great sayings here!! Can’t agree more!!

Thanks @knysna

Hopefully people who held powers in their hands will carefully cast them. It’s a double edged sword.

2 Likes

No, it’s simply the human behaviour (incentives shape human behaviour) especially if the individuals can hide behind some fake identities as there are no consequences.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh no, I do not have and have never had a FB and Twitter account.:wink: I think linkedin would do better, as that’s already filtered.

2 Likes