Circulating Supply

Circulating Supply 25.927.070.538 ADA, what do you need to increase your supply?

It’s 31,112,484,646 ADA, see Monetary Policy.

What do you mean, “to increase your supply”?

Supply does not need to be increased. Same question…What do you mean by “increase your supply?”

Current circulating supply is 25,927,070,538. When Shelley is introduced and people start staking in a few months there will be around 1,000+ staking pools. I believe the other 5+ billion Ada up to 31.1 billion will be awarded to the block producers/staking pools.

1 Like

This amount circulating makes ada cheap

That’s a implified version of the explanation but what’s the point?

It’s needed for the platform…it’s a global project, with unlimited use cases and significant advancements in the technology. Patience.

Patience like waiting syncing blocks

Used to be slow, but has become pretty fast with the latest release.

1 Like

Ada is under 10 pennies now cuz theres about 26 billion circulating supply but if it were 21 million ada wed be at 100$ cuz market cap is around 2.5-2.6 billion. Dont worry about supply, only market cap…no matter how many coins or price of coins…If cap doubles then price and value doubles…I’m not selling any Ada under .50cts but Mostly under 1$…in 3 years Cardano will be 5-10$

Market cap / circulation supply has nothing to do with value, especially in a a smart contract system. Even CH himself has stated this several times. Also, look at Bitcoin, it went to $20000 and that had nothing to do with the amount of coins available. STOP THIS MYTH!!!

2 Likes

Does this mean that circulating supply is now equal to total supply? I have been trying to figure out how cmc gets their circulating supply number.

• Supply cap: 45,000,000,000
    • Circulating supply: 31,112,484,646
      • Sold at ICO to individual investors: 25,927,070,538, for some reason CMC displays this as “circulating supply”
      • Sold to Cardano Foundation, Emurgo and IOHK: 5,185,414,108
    • Distributed later through minting: 13,887,515,354
1 Like

Thanks @hayamoto_jr. That’s what I seemed to be discovering but just wanted to make sure.